HybridZ

Rust -_- show your worst rust pictures and help me with mine!

nasshh

fix it! save another z.. in Canada my old zx had holes the size of basketballs.. and the driver fender was no longer screwed onto anything at the bottom.. it was gone! disappeared on me. but if you are in cali. it wud be cheaper/ less hassle to get a whole other car n part this one. that's what i am doing

• 2 weeks later...

If thats where all of the rust is cut the top off and make a covertible, you live in CA! Get a cheap sand blaster from harbor freight and clean the areas down to clean metal. I would put the patch on the inside and use body filler on the out side. The area next to the drip rail has lead/solder in there, at least my 260 did, from the factory so watch the heat.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Is the frame rusty on your z?

If thats the only rust or only major rust, fix her up!

You may find another z in better condition right now forsale but whats better? Save a few bucks and get a nice one? OR build that one up and have builders rights? ;)

Don't let another z die.

I kind of want to see your car sandblasted, just to see how bad it is. It's sorta laughable already.

Haha, yeah. I didn't even notice this bit until I pulled the weatherstripping after I had already given up on the chassis. Mind you I drove this thing for 4 years. Scary stuff, I guess that's what you get when you buy a car as a young, dumb 15 year old. I've got a clean one now. :rolleyes:

Here are some more beauty shots.

IMG_3510.JPG

photo%2B%252815%2529.JPG

Yep, that's a bolt on my floor...holding it in.

Blog%2B525%2B013.jpg

Blog%2B525%2B014.jpg

Blog%2B525%2B012.jpg

DSC_8911.JPG

Even glass in the tail light mount

Edited by zero