HybridZ

No! I just saw a Z crash in the '85 IMSA races! Wait, its a ZX, nevermind.

josh817

Haha I'm just playing devils advocate you guys. But seriously, this was tough for me to watch.

At least he took out that one red car... like a Camaro or something. The abortion of a generation... I think I liked most of the other generation Camaro's just not that one. I also liked how they just dragged it behind the truck shamefully.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Bxz_hAXc9I

EDIT:

Oh god and now a 300zx! I cant stand seeing such torture to our loves! The guy dived over the wall to avoid being hit!

And also might I add, it was nice to see that the Z's didn't just crumble from that sort of hit. Now I know if I get clobbered I'll be...

Nevermind I won't be safe I'll probably explode.

Also remember these cars have cages and harnesses and they had suits and helmets and everything. I am going to go nuts thinking about that fact that if I get a side impact in my s30 I am dead, I need a roll bar with at least some sorta door bar to make me feel better, you basically sit against the door. Tell me I am not the only one that this scares? I just want basically a hoop tied into the strut towers with bars that come down diagonally next the the door/seat to the floor by the kick panel like where the ECU is mounted.

Also remember these cars have cages and harnesses and they had suits and helmets and everything. I am going to go nuts thinking about that fact that if I get a side impact in my s30 I am dead, I need a roll bar with at least some sorta door bar to make me feel better, you basically sit against the door. Tell me I am not the only one that this scares? I just want basically a hoop tied into the strut towers with bars that come down diagonally next the the door/seat to the floor by the kick panel like where the ECU is mounted.

I don't think you should put too much thought into it. I saw these accident photos from Mexico where some kids ran into the back of a parked tow truck. Went right under, made a mess. Our cars sit so low that if you were to clobber or get clobbered by someone else who, chances are will be driving something that sits a bit higher, we're roast. Its not a sobering thought but of course, no accident is, and of course, every accident has the potential to be deadly.

Later year doors have the big heavy supports in them, and boy do they feel stout. When I put the doors back onto my car, passenger side is a '72, my side is a '76, much heavier... After seeing how much the insurance paid out when someone backed into the front of me I always beg for someone to back into or just give me a little love tap on my drivers side door so I can source out a '72 door. :mrgreen: But just the door! Don't touch anything else! Then again, side bars would be nice, I just wouldn't go into the full roll bar sort of thing, only because in an accident when you rattle around in there, you don't want to smack your head on it (even with the padding) without a helmet.

Just my 2 cents.

:bonk:Talking about a motorbike. I just got hit by one, while I was in my Jeep Grand Cherokee. I was in the fast lane and he was in the slow lane. He had just come out of his home and onto the road on cold tires. We started into a corner and had something slam into the back of the car. The next thing we know is a bike and rider goes sliding by in front of the car. Because of my driving in the Z and SCCA racing I went hard Left and started braking. With a lot of luck he didn't go under the car. He hit the right rear tire with the first hit (still have parts of his crank case in the tire and rim). He then slid down the passenger side of the car and hit the mirror (broke it). He then hit the front tire (his hand went under the car tire and broke his thumb) (has a cast from hand to shoulder). He then slid over a football field length in distance before stopping. He did have on a real good jacket on, which saved him from getting a lot of road rash. He had some in exposed areas, but he came out of it pretty good. He said he was going all most 80 mph before going into the corner. He must have had a angle riding on his shoulder that day. Makes you stop and think of what could have happen if he would have gone under the car at 55 mph!

Edited by RedNeckZ
more info