HybridZ

Remote mounted twin turbos on a Titan

Alxxpress

Its not a Z but Nissan still and lots of fun to drive. I used 2.5 inch stainless to each turbo, one wastegate at each and 3 inch out going to Magnaflow mufflers exciting in front of each rear wheel, neatly blended to the running boards. The intercooler pipeing is 2.5 out of each turbo, to a 3 inch collector in to the intercooler. I used one blow off valve at each turbo and one under the hood. I made a 3 inch air intake tube that ran into the bed of the truck with two large K&N filters. I didn't want any problems with water getting sucked into the turbos or engine on this 4wd truck. The pumps a S/X. I converted the returnless regulator with a S/X regulator mounted below. Every thing whent well, the truck made 500hp at 9PSI using two GT35R turbos, 550CC injectors and Unichip programer. Good times!

TTunderhood_thumb.jpg

TTunderbody_thumb.jpg

SXpumps_thumb.jpg

intakett_thumb.jpg

I did this truck for a guy in Dallas about two years ago. Unfortunately I finished and deliverd the truck in about two weeks and had very little camara/video equipment. I regret it, I should have marketed the hell out of that truck. But there may be more pics and vids I took from my buddies shop camara. If I can find it I will post more. I did go to a meet this past weekend on Westhimer. I plan on making aot more events after I replace the motor in my ZXT. I live in the Galleria area.

. I did go to a meet this past weekend on Westhimer. I plan on making aot more events after I replace the motor in my ZXT. I live in the Galleria area.

So you went to the Planet Zero meet? It was packed to the gills from the pics, I was out of town unfortunately.

Yasin

Guest Jay Shev

Very nice! I have been towing with the TT Titan idea for a while as well :) Houston isnt all that far from me either (killeen area). After I finish my Z project, I may have to take a ride down.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

its pretty hard to drain turbos when they are mounted under the car. we had a 800hp Hennessey srt8 jeep that went thru 2 turbos because they couldnt get it to drain properly...ended up using a continuous differential fluid pump to help the fluid along and back up to the pan.... that titan looks cool!!

I see quite a few issues there.

1. the oil drain lines. There would be next to no drainage at all. this'll cause the oil to cook the bearings on the turbo's.

They are also a massive snag hazard. ANYTHING going under the truck has the potential to grab it.

Could be as simple as someone in front loosing something off their load and having no time to swerve.

Could even be some unlucky wildlife that thinks the headlights look pretty late one night.

2. the BOV's.

They are full atmosphere venting units.

they will potentially draw in any dirty air or contaminants from under the truck.

im sure that'll be great for the lifespan of the BOV pistons and everything else in the inlet track.

3. The Turbo's themselves, more importantly the exhaust housings of them.

I dont think a large mass of high temperature metal would like something simple like driving through a puddle.

if you get enough localised cooling on the housing (water splash) you'll crack the housings.

It can happen in an engine bay, shouldn't take long under there.

They are also a potential fire hazard.

If they get hot enough, they could ignite anything that the truck parks on top of, even as simple as taking a trip out of town for a summer afternoon picnic.

Pull over on some grass and before you know it, your truck is responsible for a large scale fire.

I dont know how much of an issue that would be out there, but it can be a massive problem in a dry arid environment like Australia.

There is also the problem of the masses of pipework that the turbo's have to pressurise, creating lots of lag.

it also goes for the exhaust side.

as the exhaust gasses cool, they lose some of their energy, meaning slower, lazier spooling of the turbo's.

I find it hard to believe there was no room in the bay at all.

nice to see that there is no exhaust connection on those wastegates either.

a lot of you Americans would freak out if you had to try and build a LEGAL modified car in oz.

• 3 weeks later...

1. the oil drain lines. There would be next to no drainage at all. this'll cause the oil to cook the bearings on the turbo's.

They are also a massive snag hazard. ANYTHING going under the truck has the potential to grab it.

Could be as simple as someone in front loosing something off their load and having no time to swerve.

Could even be some unlucky wildlife that thinks the headlights look pretty late one night.

2. the BOV's.

they will potentially draw in any dirty air or contaminants from under the truck.

im sure that'll be great for the lifespan of the BOV pistons and everything else in the inlet track.

I dont think a large mass of high temperature metal would like something simple like driving through a puddle.

if you get enough localised cooling on the housing (water splash) you'll crack the housings.

If they get hot enough, they could ignite anything that the truck parks on top of, even as simple as taking a trip out of town for a summer afternoon picnic.

Pull over on some grass and before you know it, your truck is responsible for a large scale fire.

I dont know how much of an issue that would be out there, but it can be a massive problem in a dry arid environment like Australia.

There is also the problem of the masses of pipework that the turbo's have to pressurise, creating lots of lag.

as the exhaust gasses cool, they lose some of their energy, meaning slower, lazier spooling of the turbo's.

a lot of you Americans would freak out if you had to try and build a LEGAL modified car in oz.

2. the BOV's.