HybridZ

iPhone 4

jakeoster

I ordered an iPhone 4 a week or two ago because my AT&T contract was up and they allowed me to purchase it at the subsidized $200 and some odd price. I haven't actually paid for it yet I don't think because Apple won't have them available to ship to me until July 22nd. Aftering stewing on it for the past two weeks I was wondering if it's actually worth spending the money over say an air dam or something Z related. I have a 3G as of now. Thanks for the opinons.

I ordered an iPhone 4 a week or two ago because my AT&T contract was up and they allowed me to purchase it at the subsidized $200 and some odd price. I haven't actually paid for it yet I don't think because Apple won't have them available to ship to me until July 22nd. Aftering stewing on it for the past two weeks I was wondering if it's actually worth spending the money over say an air dam or something Z related. I have a 3G as of now. Thanks for the opinons.

I mean I also ordered one, and they are pretty cool, but useless imo. I just bought mine to resell it and make about $600 which is all gonna go into my z.

• Administrators

If your 3G is in good overall condition, you should be able to sell it for more than $200. I know of people that pulled that much out of 2G phones, and over $400 for the 3GS's.

My iP4 arrives this Tues. I'm expecting it to be a significant jump over my 4 year old 1st gen. phone.

I have the 3g right now, and i ordered mine monday...not sure when I'll be getting it. But I'm on a family plan, and my wife dumped margarita on her phone, so we had to get a new phone anyways. I guess it's my excuse to upgrade, and she gets my 3g. My buddy got the 4g when it first came out...He loves the phone, says its night and day vs. the 3G. If you live in a huge metro area you might have the notoriously shitty AT&T coverage, but where I live, I've never had problems with my service, so I had no problem with the upgrade. I say do it.

If your 3G is in good overall condition, you should be able to sell it for more than $200. I know of people that pulled that much of of 2G phones, and over $400 for the 3GS's.

My iP4 arrives this Tues. I'm expecting it to be a significant jump over my 4 year old 1st gen. phone.

I have a 2g myself. My buddy stopped by with the new 4G and the speed was amazingly faster.

When I started my search, I compared the 2g, 3g and 3gs. I wasn't impressed with the 3gs speed at all and saw little difference between the 2g and 3g so I went with the cheapest, 2g.

With re-sale, I bought a 2g from a buddy for $25 and gave it to my wife. She had it 2 days and killed the screen glass. Bought another on Craiglist for $100 in mint condition.

I listed the broken one on craigslist for $100. Had someone call me and asked if I would deliver it for $150! I was like of course! 20 minute driver later I had $150 in my hand!

I asked why he said all the iphones on craigslist he called on kept getting sold. I was like okay. He smelled of marijuana though so who knows.

Edited by JSM

Hmm did not think of selling my 3G, I didn't know they would sell for much. My 3G is in excellent almost new condition even though i've had it for two years because I take very good care of my things.

Rossman, I don't have any problems with the iPhone and AT&T so I have no reason to switch. I don't know your situation but $200 is a fair amount of money for anybody. I don't have money just handed over to me so I think before I make purchases.

Hmm did not think of selling my 3G, I didn't know they would sell for much. My 3G is in excellent almost new condition even though i've had it for two years because I take very good care of my things.

Rossman, I don't have any problems with the iPhone and AT&T so I have no reason to switch. I don't know your situation but $200 is a fair amount of money for anybody. I don't have money just handed over to me so I think before I make purchases.

Unlock your 3G and you can probably sell it closer to $300.

$200 is a fair amount of money for anybody.

Not for someone making 200K+ with little or no debt.

I don't have money just handed over to me

This is a perfectly good reason to consider whether you NEED an expensive phone and data plan.

Sorry to be a downer. Just trying to throw in some friendly advice. B)

there are three things you cant kill with the poor economy.

-hipsters

-corrupt politicians

and - steve jobbs

hahaha nice sig :P

Rossman, Im not broke I just dont know a whole lot about these phones and whether the $200 is better spent somewhere else. Im in the Army and get a stipend and money for room and board as Im training to be a Lieutenant through Rotc at a university.

Rossman, Im not broke I just dont know a whole lot about these phones and whether the $200 is better spent somewhere else. Im in the Army and get a stipend and money for room and board as Im training to be a Lieutenant through Rotc at a university.

Peace brother...I'll shut up now.

Oh, and thanks for making the decision to serve our country. It's a very respectable career path.

No prob, I completely understand your position as there are many irresponsible spenders in this day and age with credit and what not. You guys are making this a hard choice haha! I was going to just turn around and sell it but that point about the HD in car camera has me thinking otherwise...

My first portable cell phone was a Motorola brick so I've been playing this game for a while. When I upgraded my original 2G iphone to a 3Gs I was able to sell the 2G with one phone call for $150.00 and probably could have gotten more had I listed it on Craigs List. This is the first time I had a phone that was worth anything after the contract was up. Food for thought.

Plus I love my iphone.

Derek

Oohhhh you guys. Wireless is such an amazing scam. Your phone may be 4th generation (which has no meaning at all) but if your local tower is 2g that is what you have. Not to mention distance (packet loss), how many share your tower, if the tower is copper fed or fiber........bla..bla. so much to say, so slow over this phone.