HybridZ

Poor 280zx

I see nothing wrong with it. I like the center exhaust exit and the radio console treatment to be sure.

If this was his vision of the car, and he executed it the way he wanted, who is to say otherwise? Especially here.

I mean, I know places where people would spit on your "foreign car" and in the same breath praise your decision to put "the right engine in it, a Decent Chevrolet V-8"...

I guess small minds exist everywhere.

As for the flame thrower comment...you obviously have never driven in L.A. on the 91 Freeway as you fail to see the importance of that feature for driver's on-the-job education.

AWESOME! TOTALLY F-ING AWESOME!

That is a mandatory appliance for tailgaters. Exactly what I expected. The perfect automotive accessory in L.A., not to mention first class nosethumbing at the greenies out there in Priuses who give us hateful glares as we pass them in their greenmobiles.

FOOF! FOOF! There's the CO/HC Offset for you commuting in that eggmobile, Trystian! :D

obviously i had not been that many times to L.A. to see flame throwing exhaust systems besides when cars backfire I'm almost 700 miles away from L.A. and its been way too long since i have seen this, i don't totally disagree its more like 50/50 like dislike.

Edited by 280zx@541

Built 500hp motor shooting flames in-between shifts = cool.. Flamethrower kit? Not so much

As far as tail lights.. I've seen someone put the 70's skyline tailed on... The round ones with the center reverse.. Those looked nice.. But I'd rather just do a slight tint like the z31 and that's it.. Stock is best IMO .. I grew up in the supra tail lights on integers generation and that's what I think every time some one does something like that.

Not my cup of tea, but as long as he likes it though right?

My only thoughts on that car, is that it must be literally blinding when trying to drive. I can only imagine the type of glare he gets from his yellow dash reflecting on his windshield.

damnit what an idiot as if 280ZXs weren't unpopular enough! Guys like this make me glad to keep my s130's body pure

Hell, with that comment lets go full cicrle and just say it outright and quit the obfuscation: "Hey, it's only a 280ZX, who cares?"

Or even better: "Those modifications would have looked better on a Z31. Anything makes a Z31 look better!"

Or the Z Car.Com standard: "At least it wasn't a matching numbers Series-1 240 that he did it to!"

:rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

tony full respect, and nuztome creativity yes maybe but the rest screams money to me (due to the fact ppl who can produce creativity in the physical form tend to get money and so to have creativity is to have money whether or not you made what you have...)

and IMO this guy in one way or another has seen the door with cobwebs that says "other than the norm" and opened it

i give this guy a +10 for everything his S130 advertising to his crazy colour scheme he has made fun of an un-liked car and i praise him :>

Well there is no accounting for taste. There are a couple things on the car that tamed down are not bad lines or ideas - its just a little extreme for me. At least this guy did something with his ZX unlike the countless others of which are rotting away in their back yards. Not my style or to my taste but the guy put a lot of work into his car instead of just talking about it or procrastinating until the car is so rotten its not even worth fixing up....

I'm not sure about the un-liked part. I get plenty of double takes and compliments on my 280zx, and it still has the crappy exterior! True they're not as sought after as s30's but I like my black sheep, it different. I've actually allways wanted an s30 but ended up with mine and I can't complain. As far as the bond work and color matching interior and the neon paint job? Not my thing. I know for sure if you come around my neck o the woods with something like that youll get laughs everywhere you go... I think I'd die from embarrassment. But hey, if you're content with what you do to your car and can drive it around with all your dignity intact then more power to you.

these cars are seen to be and ugly old car where i live and most ppl i talk to on international forums tend to think the same way sorry but it seems most people have no interest, me i think they are pretty cool :>

This is coming from a guy with 1973 Dodge-Sattelite-Lookalike Kenmeri's as his photo signature? I must say you know your unliked cars then! It's the voice of unapreciated and unliked from afar!

I love how superficial and opinion-of-others driven so many of the posters here are...it's the sheep that rule the style police. The wolves eat the sheep daily but are decried for savagery.

I am but a noble savage, and I'm a glutton for mutton! Baaa-aaa-aaad mouth the guy's car all you want. He did something different. I praise the noble savage as he walks head held high amongst the bleating sheep of conformity!

B)