HybridZ

What Did You Do To YOUR Car Today?

Daphur280

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HAHAHA VROOM SHOOSH!!!! :P

Yeah I dont like how my Greddy knock-off BOV "flutters", it reminds me of the sound that Wren makes in the movie Splice... Creepy

Thinking about going with an Apex'i twin chamber.

I get to pick up my car today from repair.

Edited by Daphur280

Well yesterday I loaded up all the parts in my 280Z (Spearco intercooler, piping kit, BOV, down pipe, boost controller, guage, Tokico struts, Eibach lowering springs) and will be taking her to Bloomington to get it all installed. She's loaded to the gills!

Hope they work fast, can't wait to get the car back. Next up will be wheels, flares, paint, maybe a small rear spoiler....then possibly in the future, bigger turbo, injectors, etc. etc. The list never ends!

I went over to TrumpetRhapsody's house to work on the new 78 on Saturday.

Got the rear panel [the one in between the 5MPH Bumper and the roll pan] off. It was tack welded on there, and I dented the roll pan a bit. I plan on replacing the whole rear panel anyways, it's not so bad.

I got the driver's side bumper bracket unbolted, I need to drop the tank and get the passenger's side off, but that takes a bit more effort than I want to put forth right now.

I also got the rear deck out. Nothing cool in the weed compartments except some NIB wipers that looked to be about 5-10 years old. I threw those on the windshield, they seem to work :D

It's getting lighter/less ganky every day I work on it. I also bled the brakes and they feel much better.

Still need to get the dang door mechanisms fixed.

Edited by FlatBlack

Update: Just spent the better part of 30 minutes sniffing exhaust fumes in my open garage while I debugged my EMS, FJO Racing methanol controller setup and Innovate LMA-3/LC-1 to make sure all three worked after I rewired the car. It's now ready for the road.....I think.

Ordered a jdm grill from Thailand :D

I know that dude. I'll be in Bangkok tomorrow afternoon. I wish I remembered to order something...he already said I could pick it up or have it delivered locally to our distributor at no cost. Pack it in my bag and take it home! LOL

I know that dude. I'll be in Bangkok tomorrow afternoon. I wish I remembered to order something...he already said I could pick it up or have it delivered locally to our distributor at no cost. Pack it in my bag and take it home! LOL

I wish to see pictures of this "JDM" grill... :D

Chased interior squeaks with a can of silicone and armor all.  Drove the silver turbo, and caught two acorns on the hood, 2" away from each other.  They hit about 5 minutes apart, and made a small set of matching dings. :-(  What are the odds?

Edited by cygnusx1

At least your doors fit. I have to PICK UP my drivers door to shut it. It's all kinds of f'd up.

Well, one of them isn't actually bolted on yet. I can't find the hardware for the hinges. I guess I have to drive with the drivers door off? :D Maybe I can just weld the door on, paint the car orange, put a Japanese flag on top, Name it Generar ree and put 01 on the side?

Edited by ModernS30

Well, one of them isn't actually bolted on yet. I can't find the hardware for the hinges. I guess I have to drive with the drivers door off? :D Maybe I can just weld the door on, paint the car orange, put a Japanese flag on top, Name it Generar ree and put 01 on the side?

So you have to pick up the door also. My doors close fine, though getting the passenger side open is not possible.

Today I'm getting ready to paint the car such a annoyingly bright color that no one can actually look at it directly. So bodywork is not a issue because you'll go blind.

Edited by goodoldjam

I think you have to do that now. It's too funny not to.