HybridZ

Short Burnout Video -280ZX Turbo

cgmeredithjr

Did a little work on her to fix some leaks and address some minor issues so she'll be ready for the dyno. Made this short video in the car wash parking lot. She's a little slow to spool (tall tires + TH400) without nitrous and running 93 octane pump gas at only 10PSI. Anyone care to guess what kind of power she makes on the dyno at 30+PSI on Q16?

Cleve

Pretty impressive.

How does this car feel? There has been so much controversy over this car that its almost infamous!

Feel? I'm not a drag racer, so to me it feels like a spongy rust bucket with a little too much power that doesn't want to turn or stop;) Seriously though, I have only driven it in the parking lot and down a side street, it needs dyno testing and tuning before it is unleashed. If it doesn't sell, I am going to put the engine in a road race chassis mated to a 5-speed manual.

Cleve

Who claimed it made 800 at the wheels?

Well there were probably 3 threads just like this.

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/90240-798whp-l28et-for-saleyour-thoughts/page__p__855647__fromsearch__1#entry855647

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/90210-83-280zx-turbo-798hp-for-sale-on-ebay/page__hl__800hp

And as far as I am concerned 99% of the world measure the after market performance gains in WHP. I know the ad said 798hp but either way there was no proof to back up the claim. As far as you know my stock turbo'd L28 was a 600hp monster too. It did make 334whp @ 15psi so I figure at 30psi I am well over 650whp. So I guess I have a 600whp Z also.

I know I come off as a prick often. I dont always mean to be but when people go around throwing out random estimations as what the car infact does, well, the people that sweat, bleed and spend in order to achieve such numbers dont really care for it.

The car went from a 800hp CL ad, to a 798whp CL ad then finally 600whp all with no dyno sheet or even a track time. Just because you have a fancy build sheet does not mean that you can claim what you want.

That being said your car is definitely and amazing build and I do hope that you can come back and shove a 600whp or even that 800whp dyno right in my face.

Edited by jc052685

Would somebody just dyno the damn car? Make it 38 PSI like claimed running Q16. Tune it the best you can. If it makes the power great? If you wont do this? Then just drop the damn subject. I am tired of this crap polluting hybridz. In no way is a zillion threads arguing about the power claimed to be made by one zx going to help hybridz members. If it makes the power lets get details on how and why so it can be repeated. Like I said, other than that, you may as well not post about the damned car anymore.

Would somebody just dyno the damn car? Make it 38 PSI like claimed running Q16. Tune it the best you can. If it makes the power great? If you wont do this? Then just drop the damn subject. I am tired of this crap polluting hybridz. In no way is a zillion threads arguing about the power claimed to be made by one zx going to help hybridz members. If it makes the power lets get details on how and why so it can be repeated. Like I said, other than that, you may as well not post about the damned car anymore.

Chill out homey I just recently acquired the damn car primarily for its engine (planning on installing it in a road race or decently built track/street chassis and get rid of the damn automatic). I have performed a few maintenance items to ready it for the dyno and as soon as I can get it scheduled, I will take it over to either Forged or Battlground here in Atlanta. I'm not some numb nuts Miamian with no claims, I have built a few fast cars in my time and this one has the ingredients to make some serious power...hopefully it holds together.

How about this for a claim, I built an IMSA GTU bodied 240 with a junkyard 280ZX Turbo L28 long block (no bullshit) running a draw-through carbureted Turbo Tom set up with a 750 Holley and a Turbonetics T-66 turbonium. This POS motor made 522RWHP and ran 11's @ 130 in a road race chassis and a G-Force 5-Speed with a ridiculously tall first gear (can't remember the ratios). This car became Bob Hanvey's Super Datsun...suck on them apples.

Cleve ;)

post-12620-011770000 1285896688_thumb.jpg

post-12620-084683400 1285896704_thumb.jpg

post-12620-038229600 1285896716_thumb.jpg

post-12620-097355400 1285896726_thumb.jpg

post-12620-047123700 1285896740_thumb.jpg

post-12620-003468400 1285896752_thumb.jpg

post-12620-069494000 1285896768_thumb.jpg

post-12620-086592700 1285896779_thumb.jpg

post-12620-018510200 1285896805_thumb.jpg

• Administrators

cgmeredithjr, You've made gallant claims for many months now, with little validation other than a parts list. Don't expect everyone here to bow and kneel because you say so. If you can back it up empirically, terrific. Many of us would be delighted if you did.

if that car put out over 500 on a junkyard motor, im thinking all the parts "should" make this easily over 600....but post a sheet already.

and id rather read these threads than a bunch of kids and their hellaflushness or lack of being flush and stretched tire bs...just make it hook lol

I can do a smokey burnout in my grandmother's Hoveround Wheelchair with tire shine.

Back in the 1970s(before the days of shiney tires), I used Crisco Lard. In fact I put it on friends' tires as a joke in the school parking lot just to watch them loop leaving the parking lot.

I am not seeing a monster high HP car in ANY of these videos. I see lubricant on tires with ~50HP to turn them on the lubricant.

Edited by bjhines