HybridZ

Another LS1 Swap (Idle Vid)

I started this project over 2 years ago which was originally just going to be a simple LS swap. Ironically I ended up doing all new Autometer gauges, an 8-pt roll cage, race buckets, complete fuel system with a 10 gallon cell, Paint/Body job, Rota wheels, etc etc etc. Anyways this motor sat for 5 years and I finally got to hear her crank. Pic & Start-up vid below. I plan on having her completely done and ready for the dragstrip by March! (Trans is a built TH-350).

DatsunZ.jpg

Yes sir straight headers for now. We dont have much room underneath due to the custome tubular tranny crossmember, so we are going to have 2 bullet mufflers coming straight off of the collectors with a dump.

Iron Man: Thanks for the compliment. She still has along way to go looks wise. I wanted to keep the outside looking as "Japanese" as possible. But the paint color is a Pearl/Metallic Lamborghini blue..Not positive on the paint code though. I'm running a 315/35-17 Nitto DR outback.

Thanks again!

275/40-17

Sidewall:4.3

Radius:12.8

Diameter:25.7

Circumference:80.6

Width: 10.83

315/35-17

Sidewall:4.3

Radius:12.8

Diameter:25.7

Circumference:80.7

Width: 12.4

practically the same size tire. It looks like the 315 is about an inch and a half wider, 1.57 to be exact. Doesnt look like its bulging too much on the rb-r's if thats what they are

Edited by Ls240sx

Yes they are 17x9.5 Rota RB-R's in the rear. IMO the 315 Nitto looks like it belongs on there, no crazy bulge. It is going to be a street/strip car. The motor made 410rwhp through the previous 6-spd. I also plan on adding a 100 shot. With the current auto/4k stall converter and some traction she should be good for low 11's on motor and possibly mid 10's on the spray. So close to being done, yet so far! :)

I appreciate the compliments fellas. I have to say this forum has been 100% of my inspiration! Lots of good info and lots of badass Z cars.

Clean lookin car. I assume the cage is custom?

It's actually a Jegs 8-pt kit with a couple of small changes. I'd say a hell of a deal for the money.

Just a quick question. How do you go about reducing engine bay temps? I've got an LS1 as well and I've noticed a big difference after wrapping the headers with fiberglass heat wrap. Nice car.

Unfortunately I have not gotten that far yet. Last Saturday was the first time shes cranked since I started building . May try the fiberglass wrap trick though.

Beautiful car. Look forward to seeing it all together. That cam sounds pretty healthy too. Whats done to the motor?

Thank you sir. Its just a 2002 LS1 (LS6 intake) with a stout cam and ported throttle body. The motor ran 11.60's in a 89 RX7 with a 6spd (previous home). I figure a stalled auto and a few hundred pounds lighter should put me in the low 11's or so.

Edited by Meaty69Maro