HybridZ

LSx s30 Longtube group buy thread

l'll let sunnyz chime on this. couple of things we'll need to ask first; does the builder have a dyno? do we have a baseline for sunnyz's car? is his z ready to mount the lt's?

my plan was to, once mine arrive, dyno my z-again. same shop, same dyno and post the comparitive results between the sanderson shorty's and our [in progress] lt's-limiting the variables to simply the weather.

The shop does not have a dyno. Not that it really matters at this point. I didn't have all the parts / time to finish the car before I needed to drop it off to get these headers built, so its not able to move under its own power. Hopefully I'll be able to give it some attention here in about a month when I'll be back in KS for school.

1tuffz-

That plan sounds great. I have $1000 set aside in an envelope either way. I may get my car running on the JTR headers I already have before this project is completed, but I'm still totally in for a set. The dyno results would let me know whether I want to install them on my own car or sell them off to someone who hasn't bought anything else. The only mod I ever plan to do on my LS2 beyond the headers is cam shaft/lifters. I think I'm going to have enough power to fully challenge my drivetrain, chassis and driving skills without going any further.

If you really need dyno numbers to convince you to buy longtube equal length headers then you shouldn't be buying them. The research has been done. Go over on ls1tech and do some poking around. Someone's dyno numbers are just that. You can't compare your setup to another. For example grab stock ls1 with shorties and then throw on the longtubes and make 5-10 whp over the shorties or you can have a built motor with great flowing heads and intake and a large cam and make 40-50 whp over the shorties. Number variances can even occur between cam profiles. Do your research and determine if the I/H/C setup you are using will benefit from them. Chances are they will but if it's worth the extra 1k is totally up to your budget and setup.

New update or non update depending on how you look at it. Spoke with our builder today-he ordered and paid for the ss tubing & components for the prototype pair the day after I paid him. Was told when he ordered they had about half of the order in stock but needed to 'make/bend' the other half-that was weeks ago. Many follow up calls & emails [between builder, tube supplier & myself], we've been told that some of the order shipped a week ago but it is very challenging to get them live on the phone. We are currently exploring options regarding another supplier. Builder is feeling like a 'richard' at this point as we are well past our target completion date [as I am feeling about the same]-unfortunately the exhaust tubing/parts are beyond his control.

I will continue to post updates as they come to me and want to express my appreciation for your 'collective' patience.

David

ps-can't wait to get my longtubes!

Had a brief sigh of relief yesterday-email from our builder that the tubing supplier finally returned his call, now has the bends in stock and shipping them. This means he'll shortly have the materials to build the prototypes from ss.

Yea!

• 3 weeks later...

Ss tubing/bends arrived a bit ago along with flanges. Right looks nearly complete and left was but builder wanted to make 2 changes. I hope to post pics of the ss prototypes next week [lets keep our fingers crossed]. Once complete and test fitted we'll be a go for build orders! Way behind schedule but I am hoping they are worth the wait for us all.

I'm in Ireland on family vacation until the 28th and have spotty access to the internet [and/or a pc] so if I don't post or reply please understand. Currently in the Galway area and having a wonderful time!

Hello

I have been lurking around the forums for some time and now have actually purchased a beautiful 1972 240z and ls1 in the past week. I would like to be added to the list for the headers! thanks!

Edited by Joemama

• 2 weeks later...

I'll ask the admins to add you today, while that happens please read the entire thread. Payment instructions are on page 1. I'm waiting a call back from the builder on production times and when he feels they can begin, as always I will keep you all posted via this thread.

Thanks

I would like to buy a set of these, who do I trade my money for these to? I need them soon!

Update: received a txt yesterday and the prototypes were sent to the bender a day ago to build the production jig! After the first pair are 'produced' from the jig they'll be sent to the shop for test fit on sunnyz's car. Once the builder gives the ok to the manufacturer who is handling the production run we'll be ready to go. At that time we'll post all the contact info and such so we can all make our payments and provide specifics on our personal build details; v-bands, primary size, O2 sensors or whatever. No, I don't have an idea of how long...