HybridZ

78 280Z LS3 Project

Thank you, I like the wheels. They have been on this car for a long time. Some people don’t like them because they are too drag race looking instead of resto mod. They have also told me why run an American wheel on a Japanese car. I guess the LS3 is not American either….LOL

The main thing I like about them is that not everyone and their sister will have a set of these on an S30. I bought them from Jim Cook Racing back in the 90’s and they were hard to come by back then. I also see there are a lot of more options for drag radials for 15†wheels and with the power this thing is going to be putting down drag radials are inevitable.

I likes , WOW that is a true HYBRID  :icon12:

Thank you, I like the wheels. They have been on this car for a long time. Some people don’t like them because they are too drag race looking instead of resto mod. They have also told me why run an American wheel on a Japanese car. I guess the LS3 is not American either….LOL

The main thing I like about them is that not everyone and their sister will have a set of these on an S30. I bought them from Jim Cook Racing back in the 90’s and they were hard to come by back then. I also see there are a lot of more options for drag radials for 15†wheels and with the power this thing is going to be putting down drag radials are inevitable.

I meant the car , the wheels for drag days OK.  :icon6:

I love the wheels-would put them on my car in a second.  Steel, oil and rubber come from the same place - the ground.  It doesn't matter whether the magic comes from Japan, Mexico or the US-its all the same.  Plus, all the blood, sweat, and tears are human, whether from Norway, Singapore, Saudi Arabia or Alabama.  My car was made in Japan, ordered and purchased by a Vietnam vet in Alabama, moved with me to North Carolina then to Arkansas, then returned to Alabama where it now resides.  Somewhere along the line it picked up 6 different paint jobs and a tone of cancer.  The LS2 was engineered in the US, made in Mexico, shipped to Australia where it was installed at the Holden plant, then resold to the US in the GTO.  Car was totaled somewhere, sold for scrap in Houston where it was picked up by a GTO salvager from Alabama.  I bought it off ebay.  I guess I like both foreign and domestic cars.  That's what makes them hybrids.

I love the wheels-would put them on my car in a second.  Steel, oil and rubber come from the same place - the ground.  It doesn't matter whether the magic comes from Japan, Mexico or the US-its all the same.  Plus, all the blood, sweat, and tears are human, whether from Norway, Singapore, Saudi Arabia or Alabama.  My car was made in Japan, ordered and purchased by a Vietnam vet in Alabama, moved with me to North Carolina then to Arkansas, then returned to Alabama where it now resides.  Somewhere along the line it picked up 6 different paint jobs and a tone of cancer.  The LS2 was engineered in the US, made in Mexico, shipped to Australia where it was installed at the Holden plant, then resold to the US in the GTO.  Car was totaled somewhere, sold for scrap in Houston where it was picked up by a GTO salvager from Alabama.  I bought it off ebay.  I guess I like both foreign and domestic cars.  That's what makes them hybrids.

Thanks Keith,

Well put sir. Speaking of American Iron. Here is another part that did not come from Japan but will go on this S30 Hybrid. :icon10:

post-14557-0-05523100-1383829329_thumb.jpg

post-14557-0-03329100-1383829345_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Purchased a set of Holley LS valve covers and sent them off to be chrome plated. Also purchased a set of GM performance coils and had them painted body color to match the intake. Today the ARP polished stainless LS accessory bolt kit came in and I was able to put it together to see what it looks like.

post-14557-0-88544600-1384824578_thumb.jpg

post-14557-0-05281900-1384824611_thumb.jpg

post-14557-0-48159600-1384824631_thumb.jpg

Hello Keith,

What I have seen in my years doing this is that Direct Port feeds all the cylinders with the same amount of Nitrous and fuel and it's instant as the nozzle is right at the cylinder. A plate system depending on how big of a shot can lead to uneven distribution causing the front cylinders to have more that the rear. Also fuel puddles at the bottom of the intake can be a concern on a plate system, depending on your set up of course. I have seen intakes explode at the track due to that issue.