HybridZ
jdmjunkies.ch

Swiss two-become-one 240Z Ground up restauration / JDM mods

Today i got one of my ebay ad finds: The plastic radiator surrounding Panel / shroud. It's a bit rough around the edges, has a lot of black paint stains, but overall it's in great shape and the price was too good to not buy it. Another missing part of the puzzle in storage :)
DSC_2797-Kopie.jpg

And had to give it a clean immediately before i put it in storage :)
DSC_2799-Kopie.jpg

Much better already. Not sure if i will use it anyway, since i have the Koyo radiator. But it was only a few bucks and it's good to know i have all the OEM Pieces to put it together back in original condition if i ever want to. Better get those items now before prices rise further ;)
DSC_2800-Kopie.jpg

While strolling the webs for good parts deals i stumbled upon this:  A  Niles Cigarette lighter with a built-in Thermometer. It's so useless and so japanese in a way, i couldn't resist. It was only a few bucks and i found it in greece of all countries:
P1220345-Kopie.jpg

Btw: Niles is the company that made most of the electronic relays and switches in the 240Z and many other Datsuns / Nissans of that time. So while this item was never sold by Nissan, it somehow gives the whole thing a bit of a period correct OEM feel:
P1220346-Kopie.jpg

And to be honest, it's so weird and odd, i just had to have it.
P1220347-Kopie.jpg

While browsing the web for a few nice deals, i stumbled upon something which finally arrived at my door today. A huge Datsun 240Z Banner / Flag with a nice Japanese theme, showing some Cherry blossoms and snowy montains along with japanese characters (still need to translate them). 
P1220394-Kopie.jpg

A german dealer who sold it on ebay ads told me he bought it at an oldtimer swapmeet in the Netherlands. A bit of research revelealed that the graphics once were made for a 30 year celebration by an insurrance company called Carole Nash. The original wallpaper is still available for download on their website: https://www.carolenash.com/insideclassics/classic-car-news/carole-nash-celebrates-beauty-classic-design-global-classics/

datsun-240z-poster-Kopie.jpg

Well. not sure how it ended up on a flag in netherlands. But i'm more than happy to have it decorating my soon-to-be-finnished Garage, where the 240Z will go :)