HybridZ

L28 dyno

Clifton

Finally got around to getting it back on the dyno. The first one is 15 psi, the second 20 psi. I tried for more but anything over 22 psi and it missed really bad. You can see a little miss in the 20 psi run. The 25 psi run was horrible. I thought I had the plugs tight enough, maybe I don't, have to check. I know it is really rich too. My last track day I found my 60A alt can't keep up so I turned the fan off for the pulls, I'll swap the alt out I just want the afr correct at the correct voltage. What used to be low 12's was in the high 9's on the first run. I can lean it out a little more latter if I want. I really just needed a dyno sheet for Nasa and thought I'd share.

cimg3924se6.jpg

cimg3925nt7.jpg

:2thumbs:Cool! I noticed the on the second sheet that the ambient temp was 98.21F. That is seriously hot for a dyno pull. :shock: Your IC was working hard I bet. I also was impressed that the engine pulls so well up to 7K RPM. The curve is very broad for an L28. No wonder it does so well at the track. Is your cyl head ported or ???

I wonder what the dyno sheet will look like with lower ambient temps and a 12:1 mixture? :D

Bryan, Sorry. It wasn't a planned thing and was last minute. I had a day off and went down there at 12:30. I didn't think you would be able to make it, you usually don't get off too early and if I can avoid towing down the 101 after 2:00 I had to take it. I should have called though. If you want to go, I'll go again and bring my other Z. Let me know. I'll make sure Keith is there this time. He charged exactly my run time. The last time I think we paid too much.

Head isn't ported. It is port matched and cleaned up but far from ported. I had Bryan check a port on his bench a while back and it wasn't much better than stock. Cam is from Delta. I'm not sure of the specs as it didn't match the card. Lift is pretty low, under .500", duration 280?. Junk yard short block (thanks Bryan). Timing was 18* at 15 psi, 14* at 20 psi. Turbo is a GT35R compressor side, T4 P trim .58 hotside.

Very tasty dyno sheets...you make me want to add another 5psi to my motor. It's just a few turns on a little screw. :icon54:

Would you consider your timing of 18deg@15psi to be conservative? I set mine around 22deg at 15psi, but then again, I don't spend a ton of time at 15psi either. Maybe I should back off.

Would you consider your timing of 18deg@15psi to be conservative? I set mine around 22deg at 15psi, but then again, I don't spend a ton of time at 15psi either. Maybe I should back off.

I run a little more on my street car on pump gas at 15 psi and it's safe without water. On a street or drag car you don't have the heat build up from a 10-15 second blast. This gets beat on 15 minutes at a time, intercooler gets hot and water temp gets pretty hot so that's why I am running less, even with race gas. Cast pistons aren't too forgiving and I probably wouldn't even hear it happening.

I wish I would have known there were a few Z owners out in the Phx area I would have tried to come by and see some of your guys cars when I was in town for the UGA vs. ASU football game. That was my first time in AZ so I didn't know what to expect. Great numbers though, congrats.

Do you have any pics of the set up in the engine bay?

I am hoping and praying that my numbers will be that good on my Turbo Tom kit. I am at 14 degrees at about 15lbs. on pump. I have a few things I need to fix before I strap her down but for the most part she is driveable........

You are giving me something to look forward to.

Thats alot to expect out of a tom kit.

Yea, dont worry about calling, I am still trying to get some loose ends up tied up on the fairlady. I dont know if I can make the autocross this weekend either, as I gotta get my wisdome teeth pulled on friday, grrrrrr.