Jump to content
HybridZ

MONZTER

Members
  • Posts

    832
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    34

Everything posted by MONZTER

  1. Tony, I'll add some holes in the divider floor, but I dont think that is the only restriction point. I think it may also be between the seperate elbow part and the main plenum (lots of room for enlargement). I will do a little work to figure it out for you. Jeff
  2. Just a little update. Been working non stop on the design trying to get it perfect. I have the flow really balanced out nicely between all runners. Now I am just looking at pressure drop, and total flow. I should be posting some final results of this design as well as all the other designs tested in my research. As far as making a quantity of these! It was never my intention to make any more than 1 for myself, but provide the information to the group to use it in the creation of their own designs. I am not really into the idea of using the forum as a sales tool as much as I am into it as a fantastic knowledge base.
  3. I have been running the Bilsteins for about a year now, re-valved 300-100. I keep having a problem with the gland nuts loosing up. I locktited them this time, I hope I can get them apart someday? Anybody else have a problem with them coming loose?
  4. It does sound like the correct center section, I just have no idea how the standard size wheel will react with the smaller A/R compressor housing. You would need to see a compressor map for that combo, as the standard map for the stock .7 A/R will no longer be accurate. Who knows it might be really good, but then, why doesnt Garrett offer it that way?
  5. I know this thread is about who rides to work, but I would like to see some pictures of your bikes. Lets see those Hybrid rides. I know a lot of commuters and their bikes are usually pretty custom for these specific purposes.
  6. It looks like a GT 35r with a T40e compressor housing on it. You will have to pull of the turbine and compressor housings and measure the inducer and exducer size to figure out if the wheels are 35r specs. It’s hard to tell from the pictures, but the turbine housing looks like a 35r. FYI my GT30r has a ported 4" inlet and a 2' outlet on the compressor. My 35r has a 4" inlet and a 2.5" outlet on the compressor.
  7. Me and a group from the office ride during our lunch break 3x a week. It is a full on beat each other up sprint for an hour. Well usually cover 17-19 miles. Its great for stress releif, and fun to talk @#&* on each other out on the road:razz: The technology in the bike business is simply getting crazy
  8. I have bought a GT 35r .82 with hopes of making 500 hp to the wheels on a completely built engine and system. I do not believe a 30r is capable of 500 hp to the wheels on our old 2 valve type motor. If you goal is 400hp and better response then I think the GT30 will be great (but I would want it with the Garrett ported compressor housing, and high nickel turbine housing) if I paid for it. That’s just my opinion
  9. I believe Garrett sell the bearing cartridge by itself. The compressor and turbine housings can be purchased separately. I believe people use the Garrett cartridge and then buy a cheap non Garrett compressor and turbine housing. By cheap I mean less expensive as the Garrett stuff is pretty expensive, but I also believe the turbine housings are made of a better material. What did you pay for it? If you paid full GT35R pricing then I would be bummed, but if you got a great deal on it, then that’s probably how. I was just shopping for the same turbo and all of the E-bay 35r's I saw did not have true Garrett housings, hence the good price. Check ATP Turbo. They sell them both ways; usually they only sell the non-Garrett housings for special fitting problems.
  10. You cant. Sal at Motorsport Auto ordered 2 custom sets from Japan. One for me and one for his 280. I am running 8" springs in the back with coilovers. The perches just fit above the tire so I actually can fit some 265 Kumos under there as well, its really tight.
  11. Ron asked if I would run a test on his revised plenum. I thought it would be interesting to compare his revised design with his old design. I also thought it would be interesting to compare this single throttle open plenum design to what I am trying to do, as well as the HKS. Here is a link to Rons old results and pictures below of his new design http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=117607 Picture of his old design Some pictures of his new design - 5 psi 20 psi As usual, click on the picture for a bigger view. Looking for comments, and yes Ron gave me permission to post his results, thanks Ron:D
  12. I don’t know what you mean about the air coming directly into the intake? Part of the design of the air going into the bottom is that it works with the cone to distribute the air evenly. Typically as velocity goes up, pressure drops.
  13. now thats looking better, and the pressure drop is much lower than the HKS. getting closer
  14. So I took Monday and Tuesday off and took the family to Palm Springs. We stopped at the WWII airplane museum. Some really beautiful stuff in there. Anyway, I was checking out all of the intakes and air scoops on the planes. One thing they all had in common was the inlets for the radiators. All of them had a deep honeycomb "grill" that acted as flow straightners to the turbulent air. Hmm this gives me an idea. Jeff
  15. Here are some shots of a standard 4x4x24 box with a 70mm inlet. Same 20psi boost at 793 cfm. Just as expected runner #1 not looking so good. Again, click on the picture for a bigger view:
  16. I was looking at the analysis of the pressure on the HKS and realized the pressure range on the chart was pretty wide. So I revised the scale and now look at it.. 20psi was put in, but there is more than that in the inlet neck and a big pressure spike at the inlet bends. Looks to me like this intake cannot flow this much air at this much pressure without backing up. Tony D - I think I remember hearing you say the high HP cars would port or cut away some part of the plenum??
×
×
  • Create New...