Jump to content
HybridZ

MONZTER

Members
  • Posts

    832
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    34

Everything posted by MONZTER

  1. I am thinking something like this. I have asked TurboBlueStreak to have a look at it and hopefully we can get some new results. I am hoping the diverters will even out the flow, slowing down some of the turbulence. The bumps at the top I am hoping will stop the flow from cycling around and around. Well see?
  2. I have 2 72 Z's names - white car and black car original eh
  3. Thanks for the info and pictures. I really like the look of the 432r parts. I can tell from the level of detail and knowledge in all of your post that the parts you manufacture will be the best of quality and accuracy. I see that as value. I also understand the time effort and thus cost involved with reproducing parts like this. With that said can you PM me and let me know when the parts will be available for sale and if you will be shipping them to the US. Best Regards Jeff
  4. Does anybody have pictures of a car with these installed? I would like to see the difference between these and the ZG flares
  5. Does anybody know what color that is on the sides. Looks like a Datsun factory color from a bluebird or something around that time. I really like the paint
  6. Well, we have had some good comments about the excessive velocity and pressure numbers on the CFD plots. TurboBlueStreak was able to find a better way of testing it with more realistic numbers. We used a Excel sheet for turbo matching to calculate some flow numbers for different boost pressure and RPM. TBS says "all the test were done ignoring atmosphere pressure so inlet and outlet pressures where = to turbo outlet pressure the flow inlet was cubic feet per minute converted to cubic inches per second." Here is the Excel sheet showing the flow numbers. The test number on the sheet relate to the CFD results below: Click on the picture to enlarge it from my gallery- Here are the new results as well as some videos test#1 1.5psi boost 2500 RPM 127 CFM Test #3 5psi boost 3500RPM 214CFM Test #7 20 psi boost 5500 RPM 581 CFM Test #9 20psi boost 7500 RPM 793 CFM Some videos of test #9 http://album.hybridz.org/data/500/Test_9_velocity.avi http://album.hybridz.org/data/500/Test_9_velocity_b.avi http://album.hybridz.org/data/500/Test_9_velocity_c.avi So now you can see that as the flow and velocity go up, there is some crazy swirling going on in the plenum. It looks like 1 swirl is feeding each bank of runners. It also looks like the runners 1 and 2 are not getting balanced flow. Maybe a baffle inside will help, or maybe something in the plenum to disrupt the vortices. I hope you find the new information and test data interesting. A big thanks again to TurboBlueStreak for his time in the CFD analysis. So any new comments? Should I be worried about the results as they are? Jeff
  7. Tim, I PM'ed TurboBlueStreak who did the CFD work. Here is what he had to say: "Jeff as your question of how the cfd was run I ran the cfd with pressure openings. the runners were environmental and the inlet was 25psi. I'm going to review all my information and see if I can run the test in a better way. Hopefully we won't see extreme pressures or supersonic flow. " So it seems were were correct with our assumption. Here are the correct sizes of the model - Runners at the head = 36mm ID inlet into the plenum = 70mm ID I will post anything new he runs
  8. Thanks Tony for the input, since I will have to make the weld fittings for the Wiggings clamps myself, I will just make them fit close together and no straps will be needed to keep them from moving. Tim this it mounted in back on top, hood clearance is going to be close. I have it mounted on the V-band clamp/fitting that comes with the BOV. I like you ideas about integrating the bottom half into the plenum, but it will not be possible to machine it the way I have designed it to be made. I think I will have to resort to welding it on after the plenum is finished and installed in the engine compartment. I think this will be the safest bet:)
×
×
  • Create New...