HybridZ

BECAUSE: I'm stuck in a 20' ConEx Box for the weekend...

Tony D

Man, seems like the school kids have a break...

I mean, I'm stuck in a 20' ConEx box on an island in the middle of the Coral Sea with no wheels and no money... So I'm online. Not much other option. Perhaps writing job analysis reports and the occasional expense report to knock down the backlog somewhat. But you can only do that for so long before you got to do something else. And not having had much time to even read my own personal e-mail the past month...getting away seems like the thing to do.

What's your excuse when you're in the states, and have a three day weekend?

Why here and not outside someplace twisting wrenches or better yet, DRIVING the Z?

I'm online while I wait for a student to arrive for extra tuition. A young sexy female student, in a culture with no "don't date the teacher" hangups...

YES!!!

unfortunately she has a boyfriend :(

Knee How, Ma!biggrin.gif

Hello Horse? I'm not quite THAT well hung...

Or do you mean one of the Other THREE extra meanings of Ma?

Bloody tones, a 1 in 4 chance of hitting the right tone means a 3 to 1 chance of getting it Right! plus each word has something like 20 different pictures that it could be written as!

I finally accepted an invitation to go with friends to Daytona beach. A house full of women means I have hours of waiting before they're dressed to go anywhere. So, while I wait I'm either flirting with my friends GORGEOUS niece(I'm not a creeper, my friend is a bit older than me, niece is about my age)or on the phone perusing the net. There was plenty of wrenching right up until the road trip started, a break was needed.

Wrenching on 3 Z's in my driveway. 71, 73, and 74. All three are carb issues at this point. I made progress on the 71 as per my post in the L series section. The 73 was a customers and the front slide was sticking randomly probably due to the locator dowls being missing, wear, and under hood temps. I replaced both of his carbs with a fresh set of rebuilt SU's. He has a lot of other small issues as he converted back to SU's from weber DGV's and was missing a lot of the linkages and such that I now need to source. The 74 I mentioned in my post about the 71. I replaced the head gasket, rebuilding the flat top carbs, pulled apart the rear brakes, and welding up the new exhaust system for it. The previous exhaust FELL off coming up my driveway. I about died with laughter as I realized the car became very load and the muffler was sitting in my driveway half way up the hill and had just fallen off. Thats probably not as funny for anyone here, because no one knows the story behind the car. Lets just say that the car was driven 150 miles with an 'exhaust leak' diagnosed by me only to find that the exhaust leak was not the source of the noise. The head gasket was blown through the fire-ring right under the exhaust on #4. The fact that the car had not run in 4 years, much less 150 mile trip also made this that much more entertaining. So when the car makes it to your house fine and then proceeds to just start dropping parts in your driveway and just completely starts to come apart its hilarious!

Pictures also help,

2012-04-22131102.jpg

2012-04-22131111.jpg

2012-04-19071811.jpg

Later today Im going to retreat into my hole from my driveway and proceed to drink lots of beer and play a bunch of COD Modern Warfare 3 with my buddies until the wee morning light. Oh yeah, the wife and kids are gone for the weekend! Catch up and relax :D

Was out in the garage this morning trying to figure out why my fcuking rear Wilwood brakes are dragging...

If they weren't dragging, I'd be DRIVING :angry:

Then again...maybe it's the beer :lol:

Edited by rossman

trying to coherse my buddy into rippin the town up, my 87 300zx, his mid 90's 450hp boosted civic..... He rants about the bad gas from sitting, come on lol..... I try to persuade him telling him mines slow ect, runing low boost, major tuning issues...... still 26psi RIPS out of 103mm turbo!!! I probably have a little less timing than I should, So exhaust gets hot. Anyone got a big enough stick to nudge him to get him to tear down the town......

Also, needed a break from ripping the town, since I have no ac, the holes in the firewall allow LOTS of HOT air in while ripping, not soo much while cruising, but the headers seem to get warm quickly. I run 17 psi though a 3" "cat area" back, or open dump 4" and high boost.... (just explaining why I think the heat gets soo bad...

That and ran out of water to drink, so I had to get watered down....

I put down the wrench, washed my hands, and walked across the stage for 12 seconds as my name got called among a sea of graduates this fine three day weekend.

Guess it's time to join the real world now and put that degree to use, right?

Edited by cockerstar

BTW... Congrats on the graduation. And Tony, pretend the ConEx box is a fort and you're defending it from a Zombie attack with whatever you have in the box. That will be good for a couple hours and will scare the crap out of anyone who comes and visits.

Beautiful weather in North Idaho so I am leaving the garage door open or I won't get any other chance to see it. I am buried in a race car. The guy wants it ready for a road race in 2 weeks. Finished the lca's and boost pipes yesterday. Need to install the rear suspension and wire the engine today and tomorrow. No rest for the wicked. Have a drifter car to put a bottom end in right after this one. I added one of the new GTX 2863 turbo's to the drifter car and the bottom end lasted 5 days of tearing up the town. He didn't want to spend the money the first time so he has to the second time.

Need to decide if 5 lug and RPF1 17x8.5+30 will fit under stock fenders on a 240z with 300zx fronts and JSK brakes AND if it is too much money to get 245's AND look right too. big decisions

Congratulation on the graduation. You ever autox with SSSCC?

We are all having a better day than the people that this weekend is commemorating!!!!!!

Thanks

Edited by logr

I'm on here because I just drove my train to ST. Louis which is 250 miles away from my Z. I'd love to be home trying to figure out my triple Mikunis - but wait - the wife is off today so that wouldn't work either.

So I guess I will just do some searching on this site and read all the reasons I SHOULDN'T pressurize the Mikunis later-I know you have a few Tony!!

I had the pleasure of working all weekend... and still am at work now... I work for a large CDN we're 24/7/365 but at least I'm getting some nice OT out of it.

I did drive to work yesterday in the Z, fuel injector O rings went again (My fault since I pulled the fuel rail to put in the oem Nissan intake manifold o rings)

Long story short got it towed home, made it to advance auto parts for replacement O rings for the fuel injectors got them in and car is running normally again.

About to leave work with it and hopefully have a nice drive home from work.

Thanks for the congrats John and Igor!

I've done a couple of events with SSSCC and am hoping to be out there all season this summer. Just have to get the rear end back in the Z and drop in the new L. Then I guess we'll see how she shakes down!

I'm shooting to make it to events 1&2, but we'll see how that goes. I've got to move across the state and make that location under my name change from "Tacoma/Kennewick, WA" to "Kennewick, WA" :D

Have you done much out at SSSCC?

John, what happened to the mounting point there? Looks nasty!