HybridZ

Need 240 dash for CF mold

ZT-R

Wonder why he could not just use a MSA Full cap to make one.

The cap won't have the full dimensions, as in it won't have the full gauge recesses, and may not have the full top or go very far under the dash to be accurate.

Also wanted to mention, the 260Z dash is different than the 240Z dash. The 260Z dash is like the 280Z dash.

Tried to pm u but wasn't able to...you still need the dash? I have one that's cracked that I purchased as one to repair [following the threads on hbz] that would eventually get swapped into my z. Would I get it back?

Hey guys, Z-Force is willing to make a CF dash, just need to get him a repairable dash to mold from. Anyone have one they can send in? I'll pay the shipping.

I currently have a 73' dash in repairable state, that is stripped down to just the top vinyl and inner frame but am veeeerryy skeptical about this. 1) Due in part to a personal purchase that I made from him way back when he was still a member and only received the part with threats of filing a dispute claim through paypal. 2)There have been soooo many of these threads started with great hopes for fg or cf interior parts with little to no progress or even confirmation from the original instigators. I would love to see someone come through with both carbon fiber and or a fiberglass dash with more gauge provisions and proper mounting brackets to be a true bolt in. Now back to my dash, it's far from great as the top is rather dry in many places and spider cracking with the obvious large cracks that I started to bevel out for a rebuild on my own. I stopped short of digging into this dash as I ended up getting a rather nice a still supple vinyl and stripped 72' dash with only one large crack and two very small superficial spider cracks. I am mostly curious as to the condition the original dash after making a mold. Will it be destroyed, distorted? I would like to rebuild my 72' with all the SEM products that I have acquired and would not be interested in using it if it will incur damage. Is he serious about starting, continuing and most importantly Finishing this project? I live only a little over an hour and quarter south of his town as well. Need some answers first before any commitment on my part.

First 5 pics are of my 1972 dash.

The other 4 pics are my stock 1973 dash in way rougher cond.

post-736-042380100 1338597476_thumb.jpg

post-736-021594600 1338597516_thumb.jpg

post-736-066074000 1338597648_thumb.jpg

post-736-040540200 1338597676_thumb.jpg

post-736-027265400 1338597685_thumb.jpg

post-736-020797200 1338598523_thumb.jpg

post-736-099620700 1338598544_thumb.jpg

post-736-063485400 1338598560_thumb.jpg

post-736-077853800 1338598586_thumb.jpg

I just had to delete about 200 private messages it was full. I guess your quota goes up with your a paid contributor. I would think the dash that gets used would probably not be in great shape afterwards. Let me ask him what the deal would be with it.

• 2 months later...

A CF and fiberglass mold would be real money, considering the number of Z owners out there who are stuck with cracked dashes and plastic dash covers. So unlike a lot of niche CF parts proposed I think this one has a much broader appeal. I restored my dash, it was in VERY bad shape, one of the worst I've seen, but it still took months of flex bondo and sanding to get it right.

• 4 months later...