HybridZ

New Livery for Bad Dog

z-ya

I'm not sure. I don't think Coke would care.

Bob gave us permission, and also hooked us up with the guy that originally painted a the BSR cars to get hte measurements and colors. John had the masks made up. The rest was done with 3/4" tape. Now comes the miles of black pin stripe.

It looks great and I was looking at schemes from other IMSA Z cars from back in the 70s to emulate but wasn't sure if they had corporate partners if there would be copyright or trademark infringements. Because you know Jim McDonald could not call his local diner McDonalds without getting sued by the big McDonalds.

I wish I could find one of those old cars to bring back to Historic racing but they seem to have all disappeared. Racing bodies love to have cars with true historic racing backgrounds in thier fields now. I can just see an old barn or garage with a IMSA GTU Z car setting there wanting to get back on track.

Are racing liveries trademarked? Can you copy any cars scheme without getting into trouble? If I wanted to copy the IMSA Coke Porsche would I have to get permission from Coca Cola to use its likeness?

I was wondering this today when I saw this BRE themed Targa Newfoundland entry: 

540108_438100009611778_1558453630_n.jpg

It should look good in our Evo's rear view mirror  :icon54:

Edited by m1ghtymaxXx

Do a BRE and make sure you pay the required fee.

There was(still is?) a Porsche series that asked folks to paint their cars in famous livery.

Unless you are trying to sell a clone as a real race car you are unlikely to have an issue.

More taping today, pop riviting and replacing the coolant with DI water.

A few pics from today's trip to NHMS.

Exhaust gasket failure (copper) lead to an earlier than expected return to the trailer.

Still needs some final livery bits, a fix of the left caliper and of course a new exhaust gasket installed.

When it was running, it was quite nice to drive and from folks miles away, sounded great as well.

post-311-0-41152500-1366681189_thumb.jpg

post-311-0-85056900-1366681236_thumb.jpg

post-311-0-45697500-1366681255_thumb.jpg