HybridZ

Source for Repair Panels

Hey, I'm new here and did a search but didn't find a real answer.

What's the best place to buy repair/ patch panels and fenders. I live in the mid-west and have a 76' z with some rust. I know Black Dragon parts are foreign produced, MSA says on some of there parts that they are made in the USA and I really don't know anything about British Victoria parts.

Are there other sources? Of the ones I mentioned does one provide a better fitting panel and fender than the others???

Any feedback and input would be appreciated, thanks in advance...

Edited by RB26powered74zcar
No "Best" allowed on HZ

Tabco's website is out to date and prices haven't been adjusted. If I remember the phone number they have on their site is old too. Their new number is 216-320-0140. I recently called and ordered new doglegs and lower front fender pieces and paid by phone and got 3 of my 4 items in less than a week. Items fit decently, but like with most panels just a bit of elbow grease is needed.

I think Black dragon and MSA both sources their parts from Tabco too.

• 3 years later...

I know that this is an old thread but after much searching I haven't been able to find a better one. I need rockers for my car and would like the best quality available. A good price would be nice too but secondary to the quality.

Is Motorsports as good as any? I have another item I need from them and a free shipping code.

Thanks in advance!

Dave

Dave, I ordered mine from Black Dragon, and the fit was... okay. After cutting the old metal it required a bit of tinkering. They're all tabco panels like rturbo mentioned. Required less work than my rear lower quarters to fit properly though, which I might be totally redoing. 

Required less work than my rear lower quarters to fit properly though, which I might be totally redoing. 

Several years ago I ordered one rocker, two doglegs, and two rear lower quarters. I haven't installed any yet, but the rocker and the doglegs appear to be fairly close. The rear lower quarters were a massive disappointment however. The hardest part of the panel to replicate, the compound curve on the very rear lower corner, is completely different compared to the original. I would not recommend them to anyone.

Also, you don't have to use the entire repair panel. Do yourself a favor and only cut the minimum amount of original sheet metal out that you can get away with. Then cut a smaller piece from the tabco panels. The smaller the piece, the easier to blend.

The rockers and doglegs actually fit quite well. Dogleg really just needed a bit of trimming to line up against the rocker. I cut the corner and back completely off the rear lower quarter and even then it didn't end up quite right. Granted, I didn't quite line it up and really tacked it before I had some help welding. 

You'll be fine on what you need I think. I'm in town if you want to come check it out. 

Not sure, just recall James mentioning a couple times he had a parts car if I needed something. Jim I know sold/traded the hood in his, originally bought it for the doors and then found out the 280 did won't work on an early 240