HybridZ

Star Road Fairlady 360hp L28 :O

miky360

I waited all week to watch this video and was disappointed.  The Video narrator ruined it for me from wrong wheel PCD to not providing any real details of the engine to calling the headlights "LED" etc etc.  I also have a hard time believing it is 360hp, it did not sound like a high compression big cam engine.  The TWM TBs and individual coils are impressive as is the A\C.  Certainly a well built car and beautifully presented, I am fascinated with fasteners and this car certainly is a true nut and bolt build.

Yasin

Sure it is 360hp and streetable. Look to the Aussies, or the Japanese...they do this level of work without a second thought. It simply is a matter of proper gearing and good tuning.

There is a 325RWHP L24 240Z running around SoCal done All-American...

You guys need to get your head out of "rules built engines" mindset and realise if there is no limit on some things, power becomes easier.

Just because it's an engine that may make power peak at 8,000+ rpms doesn't necessarily make it "unstreetable"--those same TWM's took our 300+ RWHP Bonneville engine from something that idled roughly at 1,700 and made it start and idle flawlessly as any Corona grandma would drive, I oft opined that if we removed the triple disc Tilton from that engine, and fitted a conventional 225 or 240mm clutch and cover assembly, I bet it would be streetable!

People would say "it's mushy before the cam comes on " at 5,000... But look at the power curve and realize "mushy" is a relative term as it's making considerably more HP at that point (and from 2,700 rpms up) than a stock L28!

There is a 325RWHP L24 240Z running around SoCal done All-American...

You guys need to get your head out of "rules built engines" mindset and realise if there is no limit on some things, power becomes easier.

Just because it's an engine that may make power peak at 8,000+ rpms doesn't necessarily make it "unstreetable"--those same TWM's took our 300+ RWHP Bonneville engine from something that idled roughly at 1,700 and made it start and idle flawlessly as any Corona grandma would drive, I oft opined that if we removed the triple disc Tilton from that engine, and fitted a conventional 225 or 240mm clutch and cover assembly, I bet it would be streetable!

People would say "it's mushy before the cam comes on " at 5,000... But look at the power curve and realize "mushy" is a relative term as it's making considerably more HP at that point (and from 2,700 rpms up) than a stock L28!

Blaaa, blaa, bla...forget about streetable, it's not making 360hp from what I saw...you believe that and I have a bridge to sell you.  And I'm from NY, so know I'm good for it! 

It's impressive that some of you can determine horsepower and how streetable a car can be from watching a YouTube video.

Nothing wrong with being skeptical, but there's also nothing wrong with taking someone's word.

Some 6-cylinder grocery getters are rated at +300 hp...I don't think soccer moms across the country are driving white knuckled into parking lots.