HybridZ

Rear crossbar?

Hello,

Just installed my bucket seats and now I'm looking for a way to mount my harnesses.
IMAGE_93.jpg

I don't want to put a cage in it yet, as I will be street driving and auto-crossing to begin with. I am wondering if anyone makes, or has previously fabricated a crossbar that will mount in front of the shock towers in the four holes below the quarter window. See pictture:

IMAGE_95.jpg

As you can see from this picture my harness is too short to mount to a shock tower brace. This picture is just showing you how short it is (55in), I would never mount it like this.:
IMAGE_94.jpg

Thanks,

Han

Yes, although I only used 3 holes, and I think the other gent who did it used two?

P1030225.jpg

P1030227.jpg

7429a8c5.jpg

5f8be10a.jpg

The merit of integrity is kind of debated. The holes were used to install the factory roll protection for the race chassis. So it is double thick in that area, but a harness will exert a force perpendicular to the mounting so take it as you will.

Interesting...anyone know if 280Z's have these threaded holes? I was planning to build a roll bar in the near future for the purposes of harness mounting, side impact and rollover protection, and bracing the rear strut towers. It seems common to mount the main hoop to the wheel tubs, but it seems near useless without hefty floor plates, something I'd like to avoid in the name of not "molesting" the chassis.

Thoughts on tying the main hoop into a cross bar mounted to these holes, then braced to bolt-on floor plates on the floor behind the seat (or maybe on the rear deck), with rear stays tying into a beefy rear strut bar?