HybridZ

280ZX BC Coilover System ( Any Interest )

We have been speaking with BC Racing to create a coilover system for the 280ZX

We already have a 1980 ZX to use as template but we wanted to know what are things that customers would be interested in like extreme kit, camber plates and other.

We also wanted to know if there's any difference between years or models on the 280ZX.

Please let us know if there's any interest so we can make this happen.

post-40351-0-64581500-1462164601_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

+1 on a track oriented design. I'd also like the ability to go moderately low, just because I like function with aesthetics. If possible a bolt in design for front and rear would be amazing. Not sure how it'll be achievable, but making a bolt in coilover kit would change the market for these cars. I feel like no matter how hard the install(for a bolt on coilover set) it will still be better than a weld in style simply due to the fact that your average DIY'er doesn't always have the skills or equipment to weld. I'd rather install in my garage than have an extra expense sending them to a shop to install. Sorry I started ranting. Haha. Also, sponsorship would be amazing. Here's my 1980 280ZX.

post-52431-0-44176800-1463449961_thumb.jpeg

There are no difference suspension wise for the 280zx's. The earlier 79-80 had a tiny rear brake while the 81-83 had the same caliper used in 240sx rear brakes. I would be interested in a track oriented setup. I plan on taking my ZX road tracing once I get it back (hopefully within the next month). 

Shameless plug for my car

DSC_0896_zpspajrl3fs.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I would be interested as well, I'm currently have Koni's in the rear which were bolt in and the car sits at a nice height, but the weld on perches up front need to modified again to get the front to sit right. so a set up that is totally bolt in would be a great time saver. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...