DuffyMahoney Posted January 26 Author Share Posted January 26 On 1/16/2026 at 2:25 PM, cgsheen said: Very interested to see. Jim's Swiss 240Z (stock internals except for a mild cam) with ITB's and a Holley ECU tuned by our local legend - Tony at UMS - made about 183 RWHP. Jim was a bit disappointed (he was thinking 200ish) but we all thought that was pretty amazing for just ITB's and a good tune! It would be nice to see what all your engine work will accomplish. In ANY case it'll be a blast to drive! I wish I would have dynoed my 2.4L with ITB, but sadly I broke my oil pressure bung mount. I will be taking that block, stripping it down and finding an expert to weld it. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
DuffyMahoney Posted February 23 Author Share Posted February 23 Kind of ghetto, but I am proud of it. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
DuffyMahoney Posted March 5 Author Share Posted March 5 Well look at this snazzy haltech s3 ecu mount by Galgo! All I can say is wow. I guess this means it’s time to finish my wiring from my 750 to my new S3. This is for the passenger kick panel on a 240z. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
DuffyMahoney Posted April 1 Author Share Posted April 1 Finally found some time and finished up the engine bay for my new ITB setup! Next is finalizing my rat nest or wires. Swapping ecus and adding a few circuits made a mess. I’m happy with how it’s turning out. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Zetsaz Posted April 5 Share Posted April 5 Looking good! You're motivating me to swap over in the future. But I think when that time comes I want to rewrite the whole care and tidy things up. Decades of splices here and there into the main harness has gotten messy despite being functional Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
DuffyMahoney Posted May 1 Author Share Posted May 1 I finally found some hours to start making the wiring not look like a rats nest. Instead of fuses and relays, I am using a small PDM. So that complicated things, I am also using a buss plug for 5v sensors and all ground wires. 2 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
DuffyMahoney Posted May 24 Author Share Posted May 24 Almost got it done. Such a pain in the as* I probably should have started over, from my old ecu to this ecu wiring. 3 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
DuffyMahoney Posted September 17 Author Share Posted September 17 Why would I put my Haltech R3 in my engine bay? Well I’m doing the opposite of most people and going with my ecu in my engine bay. My 240z has dealer AC (it’s huge) and I hate having my ecu on my passenger kick panel. I have so little room there and I currently have a 5v short I cannot find. My harness is a mess from multiple ecu changes and wiring changes and it’s time to start over. The R3 is a 4 channel PDM with an internal 150amp fuse. So it can power my injectors, coils and fuel pump and leave me with 1-2 extra circuits for later down the line. Having it here will allow me to make a sexy harness that is fully serviceable and the whole thing will basically drop in. The mount will be getting cnc cut this week. The goal is a no holes drilled mount and no holes drilled in my car install, using a Braille battery. It will attach with dual J/V bolts. 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
madkaw Posted September 23 Share Posted September 23 I just installed my dealer AC and I can attest to the tight quarters on the passenger side . I’m running Datsunworks kick panel speakers and there isn’t 2mm between the evaporator and the speaker panel . I do like that set up but I’m too lazy to rewire everything and my MS is working fine now . I bet you’re about ready to be driving that gorgeous machine instead of doing all that wiring 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
DuffyMahoney Posted Wednesday at 08:49 PM Author Share Posted Wednesday at 08:49 PM 19 hours ago, madkaw said: I just installed my dealer AC and I can attest to the tight quarters on the passenger side . I’m running Datsunworks kick panel speakers and there isn’t 2mm between the evaporator and the speaker panel . I do like that set up but I’m too lazy to rewire everything and my MS is working fine now . I bet you’re about ready to be driving that gorgeous machine instead of doing all that wiring I am tired of working on it, it goes in for a new harness next week. I am going to be lazy and pay someone for it Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
madkaw Posted Wednesday at 09:59 PM Share Posted Wednesday at 09:59 PM Yeah -when someone says get a better ECU - I think about all that work and say it works . Ive put 15k miles on my 3.2 and going strong . I’m enjoying it 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.