HybridZ

Not a Hit at MSA

mxs666

Couldnt even pull a 3rd in the modified class at the MSA show today.

Oh well, i guess that rick's (lr-racing.com) old rb/tt swap with sugical welds on the plumbing and billet engine mounts just can't compare to chrome hood hinges.

Well, there's always next year.

that stinks. chances are, most people that looked at it didnt even have a clue. Ive noticed that at some Z shows, the judges are so clueless in the class that they are judging that an incredible job goes unoticed...where as the average car will place higher because the judge added points for a "factory spare".

Im sorry i missed the show, but i will be there next year with my Z..maybe i can park next to you and have everbody just walk by.

:roll:

whats your next move on the RBeaZt?

dont get me wrong, pleanty of folks noticed the car. I was really stoked that Rick came down and was there to take the credit for the car. He smoked this car and there were plenaty of real car folks that were soaking it in all day.

As far as the awards go they aint make the car faster so...

Next up on the car is replace the u-joints w/ Q45CVs, paint, dial in the motor, dial in the suspension

Guest Anonymous

thats understandable. its still nice to get noticed. even though its a big $$$ car with a little 5$ trophy :-D

How do you like the porsche brakes? ive been chatting with rick about that set up. Now all i have to do is twist his arm to make me a set! ha!

laterZ

. . . . and that couldnt even pull a 3rd in the modified class (and nothing in the work in progress class).

I am not bitter, b/c awards and trophies dont make the car go faster, but not only didnt my car win anything, but as far as i can tell you have posted the only pic of my car from the show on the net out of the hundreds of pics that have been posted in the last few days.

I am beginning to suspect that most of the folks at MSA didnt know what they were looking at, b/c the rb conversion that rick wong did on this car is world class.

Anyway, maybe if i chrom the hinges for next year, i can take i place in the modified class (or maybe if i went back to an l28 and bought $10k of parts from MSA, maybe that would increase my odds of winning)

Peace y'all and thanks for posting this pic. At least i know a few folks appreciated what went into this car.

Man I like your car. And if it were mine I really wouldn't care what any beauty contest thought of it.

I am not really impressed with high $$ bling bling. Give me something that looks like it was built with a purpose with meticulously craftsmanship. Or better yet, let me build something like that.

Are you building a show car or a performance car? You'll get lots of props from us but why are you upset that the chrome and wax group didn't give you a pat on the back? You're short on the Armor All quotient as far as they are concerned.

FYI... my car was there too and I didn't even bother to enter it into any class. But at the end of the day, when it came time to load it on the trailer, there were a couple dozen folks hanging around waiting for me to start it up. That's worth more then a simple trophy.

Hey John, what are you looking in the TURBO section, I though you said you don't like Turbo motors,

My point of view is that anyone can go out there and get a nice paint job and get their parts chromed, well, any one can do that, there are not too many of us can make our own parts, and make our go fast. I think the mod class is for Performance only, not for chrome parts. BTW, I like your car too, just love the way it sounds and the fuel injection system.

Hey Michael, Got home on monday afternoon, what a drive. Got a little problem at the customs.

Later guys

• 1 year later...

Higuys,

Springtime around the corner and I'm thinking of stuff to do to get ready to show off my Z. When you went to the MSA show, did they have printed rules or Internet stuf you can red, like class rules & stuff?

I'm trying to read about as many different sets of rules, to see where I want to go with any mods or rebuilds/replacements, so you don't get clobbered with deductions for stuff you didn't really know about- like my Mustang power steering ( which I am legally required to have on my cars). :icon11:

I have the judging rules for AACA (antique auto Assoc.), ZCCA, and a local thing. If you can post a link to some judging rules, I'd appreciate it.

thx!

• 3 weeks later...

Lots of great turbo's but my favorite was Chris from AZ with rusty orange Z and old Toy Turbo. This retrofit has plenty of room and cross flow head and 4 valve VE. Just priced them at around $800. He pulled 550 RWHP with a piggyback PFCON (ugh). Anyone ever done this retro?

Have plenty of pix, but not sure how to post?

TurboDave

You guys are all bitchen about cars with bling winning, you obviously don't know who did win. It was that fadded, cracked and chipped paint job with a dirty as supra engine that took first place from guys like you, my car with lots of custom work and yes bling took third. If you know the car that took first place you would not have a word to say about my car with its "anyone can get parts cromed and painted" How about that winning ride with crap for paint and not a speck of bling!

And to think I wasn't even going to enter but everyone said just enter, you get better parking and it's only $10. I never thought I would win, sorry to those that had nice paint and cleaner engines. It'll be painted this summer but you can't win 2 years in a row so 240Z modified is safe from me next year. :D

dapiper.... You seemed pretty interested in the swap. If you want more info shoot me an email.