HybridZ

I'm picking up my RB26dett tomorrow... (edit)

RB26powered74zcar

Well.... things turned to sh*t last night....... for the best though....

I got a call from the guy (TURBO) who was selling this motor on this site, late last night telling me he decided to sell it to a local guy, so he wouldn't have to drive it halfway from Austin to me, (which would have been Houston).

We had discussed this for two days and it was ok to him untill the last second, hence the call late last night. I was to meet him this a.m. .....

Now for the GOOD news... he did feel bad (I guess what I told about how that wasn't right helped :D ) and hooked me up with a importer he worked for, and now for $3,000, I have a complete RB26dett front clip on the way to me..... (thank you Tri)

Everything is included (motor/awd trans (boo), uncut harness, afms, ecu, I/C and what ever else is normally on it.

With the prior motor deal, I would have only got the complete motor/harness (no ecu or trans) and a headgasket/new bearings/rodbolts...for $3,500... so I'm so jazzed at this turn of events... :burnout:

As for my current set up.... I dunno? everyone knows you can't sell this stuff for much, so I will wait untill I'm up and running with the RB, and who knows, I may just peice it out... (more money that way I think)

thanks guys...

joel

A few guys are asking me if I selling my current set up right now, all I know is I want to be up and running before I even think about that.

I'll get ahold of the guys that have asked me already once I decide to start parting out the L6 set up.

I may just have James make me a single turbo manifold, after I beg him into it... :D so the T61 will probably be used on the new set up. The Tec2 also....

It is in good condition. I would like to sell the Clutch with the tranny. The clutch has less then 100 miles. I would like to get 700 for the tranny plus whatever it costs to ship. So a total of 1800 for the tranny and HKS twin plate clutch. I would also send the tranny mount you would have to fabricate the car side of the mount. you would also get the driveshaft which when used with the ZR200 Z31 rb20 mounts will not need to be modified.

I got my RB26 in yesterday... I went ahead and only had them send me the motor set instead of a half of car. I had no way of dealing with a half cut, so I just had him ship the complete motor/trans and I also got other stuff I don't need, I/C, radiator/shroud, and AWD trans.

Everything looks to be ok, but I was planing to go thru this motor anyways, no matter how good it looked.

I'm buying a set of JE pistons from Yo2001, and it looks like I'll be buying Stony's RB25det trans/HKS clutch, so its all coming together....

Well, its a done deal... So far this is the plan>

rebuild motor using yo2001's JE pistons;

James, 240turbo, is going to build me a custom stainless TT header, a custom plenum without the oem ITB's, but with velosity stacks in the runners;

Stony's HKS twin plate racing clutch with lite weight flywheel, and his RB25det 5spd trans;

I will use my TEC2 programable ecu, a pair of GT25R's, so this will be a motor to be reconed with... :D

** I'm wondering... does anyone know if its possible to have oem cams reground?? I'd like to step up on the cam profole while I'm into the motor, but I'm not ready to spend the money they want for new cams... **

thanks for the input guys.... I'm all ears... :-D

Trust me the BNR32 has enough grunt to start with. Couple a STOCK RB26DETT with a Z and you have a force to be reckoned with. I suggest you drive it around with stock cams for a bit & then decide if you want to revise the profiles. Remember, you can dial in more/less exhaust/intake independantly now you have a twin-cam. :)