HybridZ

610rwhp and 400lb of torque

stony

Yea you heard it. dynoed my new motor today. made 610rwhp. Didnt start making power till 6000rpm but when it did it was silly. had an almost verticle line on the dyno sheet for HP and torque. I have video and dyno slips i will post when i get back from japan.

Specs

rb26dett, T-8834D, 720cc injectors, 280 cams with 11.5 MM lift, full head porting, ect ect motor is good for 700+ the dyno run that generated 610 HP was done at 1.8 K booste and stopped at 7900 rpm due to the breakin period not finished :< will be tuned at 2.2 K boost and run up to 9500RPM. this combined with the glide nad new rearend shold get the car well into the 9s.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea you heard it. dynoed my new motor today. made 610rwhp. Didnt start making power till 600rpm but when it did it was silly. had an almost verticle line on the dyno sheet for HP and torque. I have video and dyno slips i will post when i get back from japan.

I'm assuming thats 6,000 rpm instead of 600 :shock: but daaaaamn, that will be very nice at freeway speeds.

I was more impressed when the post said "600 RPM"..... :lol: That should be a real beast, Stony... Please post followup... I cant imagine being hit like that at 6000 RPM.... Is there enough power to be streetable under 6000 RPM, or is this strictly for the track?

so I did hear right... You want to put a powerglide on your rb engine!

:nono: I'm not feelin' that idea. Im guessing your primary goal is to go fast down a straight line... No turns? I don't think street driving would be as fun in that car with an automatic... but then again I havent driven the car in the first place..

You are entitled to your opinion :roll: . And yes it is a go fast straight car that will be driven on the street. It wont be the most comfortable car but it will obliterate anything else on the street and give most track cars ( all track cars in alaska) a run for there money :D.

Olie05, This car is a purpose built drag car that Stony will be tooling around on the street. Nothing wrong with that. The goal is obliterating the 1320, not rowing gears and enjoying the scenery! :D

Stony, I like the approach... You have a plan, a goal, and you STUCK TO IT! To Kewl For SKEWL! :lol:

Good Job!

Mike 8)

not bad for an old man. :lol: How the heck have you been, you can't email anyone? Congrats on the dyno run. Definitely post or send me the graph and video. How long before you PCS, going back to Oki I take it?

My 240Z TT is getting closer but a ways from completion. Drop me a line.... :rockon:

I had an old Kaiser/willys jeep with a Chevy 4banger and a powerglide tranny. I thot the tranny was going to be a problem, but that thing would do 110mph, and was surpisingly fast to 100, as well. I dont think the tranny will be what would make a Z "unstreetable"..... loads of power might, but that doesnt seem to be problem as far as Stony is concerned.... so I just want pics and dyno's.... :twisted: