HybridZ

zcar.com is coming around

SportZ2

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. Somewhat positive I guess. Mostly ignorant though. Makes me appreciate this board even more after reading some of those posts. I do kinda resent/resemble that redneck remark though :D Any chance we can change the name of the forum to Mutz? :-D

Mike

I wouldnt hold my breath on this one! The guys on that site hardcore purists. Which is fine by me but dont bash me when I ask a question about a non-datsun performance upgrade! :roll: You wont ever see me back on that site.....I've been burned too many times by those guys!

Guy

They had my car as Zcar of the month, January 2000 or 2001 (I forget), and there are some members who are reasonable and have common sense... Then there are the Ron Stoy's of the world.

I rarely ever go over to that site unless it is to buy or sell parts. Beyond that, there generally is NOT good sound technical info out there.

Mike 8)

LOL, there was a lot of the old "original equipment" talk going on there..... what about the various american cars with asian engines? (fords with yamaha, ect) or the "american" cars that are rebadged asians? Or to take it a step further.... whats with Daimler-Chrysler, and all the other companies that own minority or majority shares in other car companies....

whatever.... whatever you do, do it well, and try to make it tasteful.

I rarely ever go over to that site unless it is to buy or sell parts. Beyond that' date=' there generally is NOT good sound technical info out there.

[/quote']

Well, after flying to Orlando, FL and driving 7.5 hours to Panama City, FL to see a rusted out piece of crap with a leaking valve cover and no power that was deemed as "NOT A RUST BUCKET" in the classifieds there, I decided that perhaps I'd be better off finding a better site. That's when I came across this place. I've decided against swapping an american engine into my Z, but this place is still the best I've found for tech info. You guys rock and don't seem to be a bunch of cheats. I'm sure if I emailed one of the admins here about a bad add on their site, they'd care. Not at ZCar. Oh well. [/rant] :roll:

I couldn't resist posting over there and asked what was acceptable and what was not. Was it only engines or did it include the Toyota brake upgrade, aftermarket cams, coil-overs, etc. Interested to see the response.

That is always my problem with the "All Nissan" argument. What makes engines different than strut cartridges?

I think it is the automotive equivalent of penis envy. They don't want to admit their power plants might be inferior or lack sufficient thrust. So they have to resort to the "what woman would enjoy something that big anyway" argument. To use an American engine would somehow be an admission that Nissan didn't get it right. But the same could be said for an RB engine....

You know, I don't care nearly as much about their "opinions" on engine swaps as the fact that 90% of the posts are answered with misinformation, which usually isn't even challenged. I have only posted there a few times, but once was in reply to a guy who said not to put oil in your strut housings because, and I quote, "the oil TRAPS heat and will cook your struts."

This was a highly respected member for zcar.com. That was enough for me. HybridZ is the only Z forum I need.