HybridZ

Cool keypad/pushbutton ignition

Just thought everyone would like to see my new ignition setup that I made, my car was missing the panel over the fusebox so I made one with plexiglass and some vinyl. There are 2 toggle switches, one for ACC one for IGN, when you flip IGN the lights on the keypad turn on, you input a 4 digit code, and then I put a push button where the ignition used to be and that starts the motor. Any questions you can email me @ steven_esworthy@yahoo.com. TO SEE PICTURES GO TO http://photos.yahoo.com/steven_esworthy and they are in the z car folder, there is also a wiring diagram, the keypad i got off ebay, all the other parts I got at autozone.

• 2 years later...

gah! i am looking to do this to my car... like this weekend, because i want it really bad and i don't want to wire msns-e into my ignition switch. and i can't find the damn album on his yahoo! pictures site. anone have any pics of this?

What I would like to see is one that is a toggle start..and not have the key have to be in the ignition..either rig it so the key would be used but hidden and eliminate the ignition switch on the column , then have it so that you flip a toggle like oh say NASCAR and the car would start...dont know where you would put the key ignition or wonder if there would be a way to eliminate it all together..use the key to lock the car but once in you would just flip a toggle and it would fire...

I was thinking about this, but the problem i couldn't figure out how to get around is the locking steering column. :(

maybe... take all the wires from it and rewire it however, say your NASCAR idea, then stick the key in, turn it, break it off inside, then it will be unlocked, and won't run the bat down? lol maybe...

I hope someone can get around this.