HybridZ

Let's see your RB Z...

DETurbine

The rb30de you cansee in the pic is actually mine, but it has the rb26 head on, you can just bolt the rb26 head straight on if you use the r33 / r32 head. I spoke to rips in new zealand and he said not to use the 12mm studs on my engine but to stick with the 11mm.

The rb26 and the rb30 share the same head gasket as well so its a cheap way to buy your head gasket.

Its only the rb25 with the variable cam timing that needs modifying.

IIRC the 380hp engine had ITB's, too high of compression for pump gas, and wild cams among other things. I don't really know where mine sits yet but after getting the final exhaust made (one I have now is just so the car doesn't break windows), and preliminary dyno tuning done (for break in), I should have a better idea. So far by seat of the pants, this thing is more powerful than the 3 liter L that was in it.

fully rebuilt block, sleeves installed as well

Precision Motorsport rods

everything ARP studs

custom Wiseco pistons 86.5mm for 10.25cr

fully rebuilt head (machine shop included 3 angle valve job)

Tomei valve springs

Tomei 256 / 8.5mm cams

Greddy adjustable cam gears

Greddy fuel rail

RC Fuel Injection 440cc injectors

new coils

custom intake manifold

Jun lightweight steel flywheel

Xtreme heavy duty clutch

Haltech E11v2

Haltech wideband O2

all Haltech sensors

Yeah I dont think high 300's is too far off the mark and from what I've read it is supposed to be somewhere between 27-32 mpg on the highway too, although I don't know how accurate that info is. My previous L30 had tripple mikunis and headers but before having the new thing tuned it still feels like it easily has more grunt. Sometime 'soon' I will also be getting headers for it and those should give another 20hp or so.

check this out. It's not often we get to see this side...

I took a set of pics of the bottom of the car while I had it up on a lift and composited the pics into one image with Photoshop.

3882321689_899ba9f3e6.jpg

A much larger image is posted to my blog at:

http://web.me.com/markrolston/NewSite/Z-Blog/Entries/2009/9/2_Underside.html

hey mark,

can i get more specs on that fuel cell youre running? im in the process of doing a similiar instal and was wondering about the dimensions of your fuel cell. what type of pump are you running?

hey mark,

can i get more specs on that fuel cell youre running? im in the process of doing a similiar instal and was wondering about the dimensions of your fuel cell. what type of pump are you running?

The Fuel Cell is an ATL 17 gallon with foam and surge tank inside it. The pump is an aeromotive A1000. It hangs a little below the rear body line and required a 4" bump in the rear deck.

The Fuel Cell is an ATL 17 gallon with foam and surge tank inside it. The pump is an aeromotive A1000. It hangs a little below the rear body line and required a 4" bump in the rear deck.

Thanks for the info. I checked out your website and saw a few pictures of how your tank was set up. Very nice website btw. Thanks again for the info.

• 3 weeks later...

For a while AZcar was selling both billet a-arms and the steel "roadrace assemblies", which were probably the economical version since they were already pricey with the brakes and springs upgrade. Now it looks like even the roadrace assemblies have updated billet arms. They still show the steel arms in the coilover upgrade page but it might just be an old picture.

• 1 month later...