HybridZ

Let's see your RB Z...

DETurbine

Those look like UK based Compomotive ML rims and my guess would be 15x7 with a 205/60/15

Yeap 15x7 Compomotive ML's I really want to replace them with something bigger/wider that fills the arch a little more but no cash at the moment so will have to make do with those.

looks beautiful, top job. How have you found the car in competition?

Have you had it at the drags - what sort of time?

regards

I've not been on the track or strip with it yet. I went to the strip on the previous RB26 engine that was in there but the engine was not running right so times were so awful it's not even worth mentioning engine only lasted another 100 miles or so before it died.

Just had this new engine dyno'd a couple of weeks ago and it was making 420bhp so need to get it up the strip and see what its can do.

Here is the dyno results was making a lot more power than was expecting

240Z-GTR%20dyno.jpg

R33 crank and N1 block

JE 87mm Pistons

Eagle Rods

Tomei metal headgasket (Thicker than stock but can't remember of the top of my head the exact size)

ARP head studs

bottom end balanced

R34 cams

Turbos rebuilt with steel centre's

James Thaggard intercooler

3" exhaust

Profec B boost controller running 1 bar

R32 standard injectors and ecu

The guy doing the dyno could not believe the power output so did another run and it was 412bhp on the second run he did suggest maybe the turbos or cams where not stock as I had thought and I've not opened the ecu to see if it's been chipped all the mods done where more for safe power so for it to make this much was surprising. There was a big jump in power when making the smallest amount of boost increases.

With a setup like that you can run much more power than the s30 chassis will ever handle without serious mods.

I plan on pushing 400whp+ with my stock motor and just ball bearing inconel wheeled turbos with a good standalone one day.

Great results! Power seems a little high for 1bar but right. r34 turbos are slightly larger than 32,33 turbos. Having a fresh tight motor also probably helped.

Dont believe you can use r34 cams on r32-33 ecu's as they have different CAS and pinout...

R33 crank and N1 block

JE 87mm Pistons

Eagle Rods

Tomei metal headgasket (Thicker than stock but can't remember of the top of my head the exact size)

ARP head studs

bottom end balanced

R34 cams

Turbos rebuilt with steel centre's

James Thaggard intercooler

3" exhaust

Profec B boost controller running 1 bar

R32 standard injectors and ecu

The guy doing the dyno could not believe the power output so did another run and it was 412bhp on the second run he did suggest maybe the turbos or cams where not stock as I had thought and I've not opened the ecu to see if it's been chipped all the mods done where more for safe power so for it to make this much was surprising. There was a big jump in power when making the smallest amount of boost increases.

That power is about right on. I was making 392RWHP with my first motor at 15 PSI (just above 1 Bar) on stock r32 turbos and stock gtr intercooler. I think slightly larger r34 turbos and a bigger intercooler is the difference. these motors are really bottled up in stock form. put a hi flow exhaust/filters add some fuel and boost and hold on. :burnout:

The stock gtr intercoolers are good up to 600hp. Again, r34 intercoolers being a little more efficient.

You guys should do a very simple mod that divides the y pipe on the stock piping. Pick up response and power. Heres mine.

DSCF0010-2.jpg

yeah makes the commute to work so much more fun. I always take the "long" way home now.

Im alsways looking for excuses to drive the car.

I love it - minus the exhaust fumes. Im going to try a longer tip first.

I just finsihed installing a deck this weekend with full ipod control.

Much nicer to drive.

Its a couple of pages in and i don't mean to high jack but all the z's exhaust I have smelled besides the 350z is extremely sweet, as is my z31. Does the rb series have that exhaust smell i have come to love?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

Heres my 260Z which is undergoing an RB25DET engine & Gearbox transplant...would have liked to do an RB26DETT, but I already have one of those in my R33 GTR, so I went with the RB25DET....

Warren

Good video Warren, although I know you have done a lot more since with the aircond which you should post up for other peoples reference, as it is brilliant what you have achieved. Standard of finish on your work is superb, brakes are fantastic, wish I had them!

regards