HybridZ

Let's see your RB Z...

DETurbine

Thanks for posting those up! It's starting to look sweet. I can't wait to see it done, fully polished and cleaned up and all :D

You're a neighbour to me! I'm in New Zealand :)

Here you go Mike i did not like the original RB Coil Cover plate so i made my own up.

Dave that looks sensational!

I dont know if you have looked at my website, but I was going to name mine a Fairlady 422T as a spin off of the Fairlady 432 (4 Valves/cylinder, 3 carbie, 2 cams) except mine would be 2 turbos!

I made up some labels for the cam cover like you, but when in Manila earlier this year I bought some plastic chrome letters that I was going to use on the body. However what you have done is sensational. Did you have the letters cut from metal and glued on to the cam cover or are they plastic chrome letters as well?

NFZ NS white-alloy2_thumb.jpg

Badge 422VCT rear_thumb.jpg

Dave that looks sensational!

I dont know if you have looked at my website, but I was going to name mine a Fairlady 422T as a spin off of the Fairlady 432 (4 Valves/cylinder, 3 carbie, 2 cams) except mine would be 2 turbos!

I made up some labels for the cam cover like you, but when in Manila earlier this year I bought some plastic chrome letters that I was going to use on the body. However what you have done is sensational. Did you have the letters cut from metal and glued on to the cam cover or are they plastic chrome letters as well?

Yes they are the plastic chrome letters that i bought, the R was face covered in red vinyl, i own a sign company and did look at lazer cutting out some stainless and bonding them on but the chrome letters are a great product.

Dave did you put the red vinyl on the R or was it already on it?

I am just wondering if I can get a T with the red vinyl on it?

Also did you use any additional glue on the back of the letters?

regards

Hi Mike yes place some red vinyl onto the face of the chrome letter in keeping with the original GT-R logo, no additional glue was used i have also done a set on Andy Shaws white 240z RB26 conversion over here and he has been running it for 8 months with no problems.

Total cost was under $20.00 USD and 1/2 hours work

If you guys want me to do some pictures and a explanation of how to lay them down and face cover a letter let me know and i will post it up.

Hi Dave I dont know about others but I would appreciate it as I will do the same with my "T". If you dont want to do it on the site, could you send it to my email address mike@bluevista.net.au

Can you also explain what the vinyl is and where you get it from and apply it etc?

Appreciate your help

regards

PS where are you in the UK as we will be over there agin in the next year or two, would be great to have a look at your car, & likewise if you are ever in WA

Hi Mike yes place some red vinyl onto the face of the chrome letter in keeping with the original GT-R logo, no additional glue was used i have also done a set on Andy Shaws white 240z RB26 conversion over here and he has been running it for 8 months with no problems.

Total cost was under $20.00 USD and 1/2 hours work

If you guys want me to do some pictures and a explanation of how to lay them down and face cover a letter let me know and i will post it up.

Yes please :mrgreen:

• 1 month later...