HybridZ

Could Not Help Myself...I bought the car of my dreams...PICS!!

slownrusty

I went to San Diego on business recently and after having one too many cocktails wondered into a high end dealership and could not walk away from this car, it was calling "Yasin..take me home...take me home"...so that's what I did...LOL:

95740669.jpg

95740698.jpg

95740727.jpg

I shelled out some decent $$ for it, but its an ultra clean (not a door ding on it) 2 owner car with just a hair over 56,000miles on the clock, always lived in a garage under a cover. Bone stock and never been messed with - which was appealing. Its an '89 model (last model for this body style), so has the hydraulic 5speed and ultra rare G50/50 LSD transaxle, previous models were the notchy 4 speed cable linkage!!

After owning it for 1 week, I have already bought a larger turbo (the biggest one I can run with the Bosch CIS), stainless steel racing headers with a 3" stainless exhaust and a 46mm TiAL wastegate set at 14.5psi. That should take me to around 410hp. Will have the install complete next weekend.

I always wanted one of these 911 Turbos since a snot nosed kid living in England in the '70 and early '80s feels weird to see it in my garage after so many years of yearning for one.

To buy this car I had to sell my beloved '85 Turbo AE86 Corolla GT-S, which was a painful 3year build. In its last iteration this Corolla laid down 286hp on the dyno all from 1.6L. I was able to sell my Corolla for just under $20G incl. the spare parts, here is the car a day before it went away..I'll miss it, not many people could hang with me on the street in this 2180lb car and I have taken down some big game with this car.

Yes that is a full carbon fiber front end custom made for me, big Wilwoods, Corbeau seats, full Autometer gauges, T3T4 turbo, custom made IC, 4 throttle bodies etc etc:

89877303.jpg

89877280.jpg

89873270.jpg

89870527.jpg

Thought I would share!

Yasin

Nice car, but if I was you I'd have kept the corolla and maybee switched to a larger displacement motor if you really wanted more power. But mainly for reasons of insurance and maintainance costs. Not to mention all the time you put into it, that's a really clean install :)

I can't say there could possibly be anything that would attract the attentions of the police faster then a bright red porsche ;)

Guest ON3GO

Yasin.. you and i think alike.

Porsches are my all time fav and the 89 is my fav year.

it sucks for me as i work around these damn models every damn day, and it just hurts when i have to take one for a test drive.

good JOB on buying the porsche, sorry you had to sell the AE86 but it was a good choice.

mike!

Now that is what I call "Impulse Shopping"!!

Remind me to take you drinking sometime :twisted::-D

Nice buy. I too have always loved that bodystyle....very sexy. I assume you drove it back to CO?

Congrats!!

WOW now that is a serious impulse buy! Great choice though! The best part is that you dont have to figure out what someone else did with anything because its bone stock! AKA you dont have to fix someone else's F*** up! LOL

Guy

Hi Guys thanks for all the great comments and feedback.

I had a very rough year last year and I prayed that 2005 would be much better - IT IS! So yes it was an impulse buy but gosh what a great impluse...LOL! Tim next time I come to SoCal the drinks are on me!

The Corolla believe it or not was an amazing driver's car, these cars used rule all the tracks in Japan, you guys that know your Japanese cars can attest to that. My car with the JDM 20V engine and 4 throttle bodies was just incredible, infact a little scarry as it came onto full boost.

I am going to really enjoy this car just as much as I enjoy my ZXT.

More updates to come.

Yasin

Guest JAMIE T

I love those Porsche's. LOL, my WIFE had a poster of one on her wall all during high school, LOL. She had the poster before ever meeting me! It looked just like yours!

I love your 'Rolla also. Damn!!! almost 20G's for a Rolla, that has to be some kind of record!

Mikey - Well I doubt I will ever take the S130 to the same level as the AE86, I got VERY burnt out on the AE86 to be honest - but the end result really speaks for itself!

Next on the list for the S130 is Megasquirt and some more boost - 10psi and stock electronics just ain't cuttin' it! LOL

Cody, John - Thanks bro! Just could not pass up on this car...just too sweet.

Jamie - So I take it your wife is a 911 lover....after owning this car I am coming across a large female demographic that feels the same way..wink..wink!

Yes I got a great price for my Rolla, but I spent a fortune for it too, there are not many in the US that were as highly developed and as clean...the carbon fiber, the Wilwood brakes, the turbo and the intercooler alone add up to $5grand!

Thanks for all the compliments gang - Yasin