HybridZ

Project Silver Bullet: LS1 240Z Update: FIRST DRIVE!

So the car is supposed to be ready today(Saturday). He tells me to get up to the shop around 10 and bring the hood. I am there at 10 and the shop is closed. So I hang out until 10:20 and decide to cruise up to Mickey D's and get some breakfast. Get back to the shop at 10:45 and still no one is there. I call him on his cell and he says he is still home. he was at the shop until 3 am working on my car. He says he will meet me there at noon. So I head home and waste some time and go back at noon.

The car is sitting in the bay and he say he needs a few more hours on it. I get bummed. HE says "do you want to take it for a short cruise first and then leave it until Monday afternoon?"

You don't have to ask me twice.

We bolt on the hood and check the tire pressure. All is looking good. I get in the car and buckle up and fire it up. Varooooom! It fires right up. He says wait a minute and comes right back with a fire extinguisher. He say all cars that leave his shop on a maiden voyage must take one along. I like that way of thinking.

So off I go up the street. I take it real easy at first. It feels great! I get it onto an open stretch of road and open it up just a little. I hit the power band and it is flying. I get onto the hwy and merge into traffic. I accelerate and shift from 3rd to 6th and cruise a while. A big hole opens up in the traffic. I double clutch and downshift to 3rd and I nail it. It pulls so hard I am thrown back in my seat. I wind it up and shift to 4th and that qwik I have to back off for traffic. I know I was doing over 100 and it was so fast to get up there.

The car has awesome power in all gears. The power is instantaneous. It pulls hard in every gear. even from 50mph in 6th it still has the torque to pull fast.

There are a few bugs that still need to be worked out and the a/c, and tach still need to be hooked up, but damn it is so cool. It sounds mellow at idle but certainly wakes up at 3000 or so.

I cruised it for about 20 minutes and took it back. I had a grin on my face that wouldn't go away.

I can't wait to drive it again.

RIGHT ON DAVID!!! :rockon::2thumbs::cheers:

I will never forget my first ride! What a rush! And mine was auto then. Isn't it a kick in the pants! Now gotta get her to the track. Then that adiction to speed comes in. :toetap05: Or find someone in your area that does dynotuning for the LS1'S!

JOEY

Let me add to the chorus of congratulations!!! It takes considerable wisdom to find the right balance between doing work by oneself and farming-out portions to others. Done right, the reward is a reliable car that's ready in a small fraction of the time.

I'd love to see this thing on my next visit to the D.C. area (should be in late August/early September).

Let me add to the chorus of congratulations!!! It takes considerable wisdom to find the right balance between doing work by oneself and farming-out portions to others. Done right' date=' the reward is a reliable car that's ready in a small fraction of the time.

I'd love to see this thing on my next visit to the D.C. area (should be in late August/early September).[/quote']

Thanks.

Let me know when you will be in town and I'd be happy to show it to you.