A month ago, she's in a million pieces and colors:

zerdaapartweb.jpg

2 weeks ago, mostly back together, in her primer outfit, ready for wetsanding:

zerdagrayweb.jpg

This weekend, my buddy and I built a makeshift booth:

zerdapaintboothweb.jpg

And here is the (almost) finished result:

zerdafreshpaintweb.jpg

I say almost, because I've got enough orange peel for a Tropicana factory, and there's a major run on the passenger door that needs addressing (next stop:nib file and colorsanding). But besides that, I'm pretty happy with it. It's not perfect, but getting there! Thanks to all who've answered my paint questions here in the last few weeks!

black is THE hardest color to paint, did anyone tell you this before hand? Well, if all the touchup work goes well props out too ya man. I've done enough painting to know my first real paint job won't be black, it's just SO much harder. And from what the pics show, the paint does look pretty darn good, keep up the DIY passion.

That looks FANTASTIC. I'm following a similar path as you... my car is primered but I won't spray color until the spring. Did you use PPG Omni? Urethane or Acrylic? What kind of primer, and how many coats? Like I said that car looks fantastic. If mine comes out 1/2 as good I'd be pleased. Sit back its Miller Time, you deserve it!

Thanks everyone! Your words mean a lot, seriously! Here's a few more pics:

zerdafrontlowweb.jpg

zerdarear.jpg

Here's the run I was referring to (you can see the orange peel, too):

runsweb.jpg

I did some nib filing and some 1000 grit colorsanding tonight, and I feel confident that the paint's gonna look pretty good here soon. Stay tuned!

Gollum: I did know that black was tough, but to me, it's the best color for an S30, even with some imperfections.

Mike:The paint is PPG Deltron 2000 (code 9300) with DCU2021 clearcoat.

On the advice of the paint salesman, I skimped a bit by using Omni primer. A no-no mixing lines, I know, but everything seems alright. time will tell. Total cost in paint, once I bought some extra cleaner and reducer ( just in case) was about $600.

NZeder,

The wheels are Panasport replicas made by (I think) Western Wheels back in the '70's. I've seen them every once in awhile on ebay, but never as large as mine, which are 15x8.5", with 245/35/15 Dunlop SP9000's on them. Tires were REALLY hard to find that wide and low in 15". I found the wheels in a junkyard for, drum roll please, $100! They kind of dictated the course the car would follow ( I didn't originally plan on ZG flares and lowering the car so much).