HybridZ

Strut bars???

I installed Cusco strut bars on my 82 ZXT. The quality and fitment was excellent. The front fit without issues. Some trimming, of the rear interior panels where the original cover for the struts were located, was needed and these small covers can no longer be used without modifications. Cusco's center adjustment was also very solid and well made. Good luck with your selection.

bimmerman, the topend performance bar can be used but it has to be modified slightly to clear the air cleaner. I just placed a floor jack in the middle and spread the front bar closer to the front, maybe about and inch. It actually mad the bar fit better because my upper strut mounts were too close together. You know manufacturing tolerances. Hope that helps.

I have been looking at a bunch of diff strut bars, I am thinking about going with the cusco, and opionons on these? Any better? All so I am putting in a roll bar would it still be good to get the rear?

A friend of mine just got these in, very impressed:

Front:

http://www.pdkfabrication.bravepages.com/240%20front.htm

DSC01181.JPG

Rear:

http://www.pdkfabrication.bravepages.com/240%20rear.htm

RSTRUTBAR1.JPG

A front bar that just goes across from tower to tower does not do that much compared to the triangulated bars that tie to the fire wall. If you have a stiff suspension and sticky tires or your are giong to autox the car I would only go with the triangulated type. The PDK goes one step farther and mimics the welded tubing that racers use, that would be my choice.

I like the pdk front but it seems like everytime you need to work in the engine bay you will have to remove at least parts of it to be able to work on the car, I do like the triangle set-up that http://www.racetep.com has but I am not sure it will work with my V8 set up, I am thinking about getting someone local to just make me one so it will have some bends in it to work with my set-up

Actually it's the TEP one you have to remove all the time. You have to pull the whole TEP to adjust the valves. The center link of the PDK comes out, so unless you were working on the clutch or brake master the PDK is pretty much out of the way.

EDIT--I just realized you have a V8. I still can't think of anything that you'd need to do on a V8 that would require removal of anything other than the main crossbar.