HybridZ

Fiberglass Interior Door Panels

DavyZ

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pete, Doorpanels should be there at your place in 2-3 days according to the post office. I forgot that I left the metal uppers attached. Please set those aside as I will need those to be re-installed on my panels made by you. Thanks and let me know when they get there and what you think of my CF sample.

Greenmonster,

Thats not Carbon Fiber you sent me, That a piece of material that NASA forgot to attach to one of the Stealth Fighters. Dude that stuff is BRUTAL!! The stuff I usually buy is probably half the weight of the stuff you sent me. I havent had a chance to get it in the mold to determine if it will make the curves for the speaker or door pull recess but I will do that later this week.

Dude, as far as the panels go.....ehhhhh its not lookin real good with those. They dont have alot of waves or dry rot but they are split right down the middle into two complete halves. I'll give them some time as well later this week to determine if in fact I can get them to work for the mold .....In all honesty ..... I greatly appreciate you getting them to me but they're not in the best shape. None the less thank you and I'll put fourth my best effort.

I'll PM you later this week or drop a line on the public forum with an update later this week.

Pete

Pete, I was dissapointed when I pulled those panels off the doors. Looked fine from the outside. Was hoping because the shape is still there that you could bond them back together enough to make a quality mold. I know of another set that is available. They are farther away from me though. I could grab them if you determine they are necessary. Please keep the tops of those panels I sent you as I am using the corresponding doors. The sample I sent you is pretty hardcore. Military grade fighter plane CF is no joke. A single layer of that stuff has got to be strogner than steel. If it will not shape to the speaker panels you are currently making then I will have to go with the factory style replacements.

Ok all,

Looks like Greenmonsters panels will work after all, they were pretty hammered .... as in two seperate pieces and all. BUT!! the lower halfs were in good enough shape that I decided to bond the pieces together repair the damaged holes and warping on the lower halfs and start with the Bondo and sanding.

I'll post pics tommorrow of the beggining stages and go from there, I would say that I should have a viable mold within the next 7 to 14 days.

Greenmonster, Ill be sure to keep those upper door supports for you.

I'll keep you all posted.

I know us 2+2 guys are far and few between. I was planning on redoing my door panels as the look is just old, trying to make the interior look as new as the exterior, styling wise.

At anyrate... would you be interested in even doing 2+2 panels? Not sure if this is a hobby for you or turning into a Job. Just let me know via PM or email me.

I realize you'd have to have a donor set IF you even want to consider doing these. I could take some dig pics of mine, I believe they are water damage free, I'll have to pull them and check. At anyrate, let me know.

Edhenkel@gmail.com

I'd Love To Have That For My 280zx It Would Look Sooo Bad *** Same With The Head Board

I made a set of custom fiberglass door panels for my 83 zx using he original panels as a starting point. I love the way they look but I keep kicking the damn speaker every time I get in and out of the car!

Here are the ones I made for my zx. They had another set of speakers above and a little further back. But someone broke into my car and tore up the whole interior ripping them out. (Along with 1,200.00 worth of other audio equipment!) The crack across the top is from the pressure of them pulling the other speakers off. The color is just tinted primer. The other pic is of a consol from a suburban that I mounted to the roof. I also relocated my power window switches to it.:mrgreen:

door skin_thumb.JPG

door skin 2_thumb.JPG

interior roof_thumb.JPG

Mrkopsho,

Good work, I like the upper storage Idea you go goin there. Sorry to hear some loser ripped you off, do you have an alarm or anything? I'm definately not in a situation where I wouldnt have an alarm of some sort. I have way to much time and money wrapped up in my car to have some "ASK HOLE" tear it up

Oh by the way the panles are done and I'm making the molds this weekend, actually I'll probably be doing that tonight so I can have them ready for next week. For anyone thats interested the price is the same as the last set of panels at 230.00 for a set.

PM me here or give me a call for more info.

Pete

510-938-8297

Mrkopsho,

Good work, I like the upper storage Idea you go goin there. Sorry to hear some loser ripped you off, do you have an alarm or anything? I'm definately not in a situation where I wouldnt have an alarm of some sort. I have way to much time and money wrapped up in my car to have some "ASK HOLE" tear it up

Oh by the way the panles are done and I'm making the molds this weekend, actually I'll probably be doing that tonight so I can have them ready for next week. For anyone thats interested the price is the same as the last set of panels at 230.00 for a set.

PM me here or give me a call for more info.

Pete

510-938-8297

I got an alarm the next day. Theres always someone out there who isnt willing to work for what they have:fmad: I stopped working on the Z for a while after that. (broken heart) But now I'm back at it like never before. Just so I'm clear, are you talking zx panels here? If so,get ready to ship me a set. I'll add more to it but it'll save me the time of making new ones myself.

OK, I did it! the molds are complete for the direct stock replacement panels. Like I said before the cost is 230.00 for a set and will ship within 3 days of ordering depending upon number of orders.

Let me know if any of you are interested and Ill get busy working on a few sets. Also there seems to be some interest form the 280ZX guys for panels with provisions for speakers, I spoke with mrkopsho and he said he would try to find out how many guys are interested in getting these made.

Let me know what your plans are and Ill see what I can do

FYI Im also going to post this in the interior section for all the guy that dont come to the body and paint section

Pete