HybridZ

Fiberglass Interior Door Panels

DavyZ

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it would help if a new thread was created with the latest information regarding the panels, or at least a new post with everything in one place. What are the options, what comes with them, what needs to be done to install them, prices, minimum number of orders to produce them, etc.

I still offer the door panels with the 6.5 inch speaker provisions as well as the factory reproductions.

Pricing has increased as the cost of resin continues to rise with oil now at 130 a barrel!!!

Factory reproductions: 260 in fiberglass and 490 for Carbon Fiber (carbon prices have gone through the roof)

Panels with speaker provisions are 260 and they're not available in Carbon as I no longer have vacuum bag access.

The handles are 80 dollars for fiberglass and they are not available in carbon.

Unfortunately all orders are prepaid as I've had many people flake after saying they wanted panels made.

My contact information is the same: Phone, 510-938-8297 my email is probinson_2000@yahoo and my paypal is the same address.

All prices include shipping within the U.S.

I still offer the door panels with the 6.5 inch speaker provisions as well as the factory reproductions.

Pricing has increased as the cost of resin continues to rise with oil now at 130 a barrel!!!

Factory reproductions: 260 in fiberglass and 490 for Carbon Fiber (carbon prices have gone through the roof)

Panels with speaker provisions are 260 and they're not available in Carbon as I no longer have vacuum bag access.

The handles are 80 dollars for fiberglass and they are not available in carbon.

Unfortunately all orders are prepaid as I've had many people flake after saying they wanted panels made.

My contact information is the same: Phone, 510-938-8297 my email is probinson_2000@yahoo and my paypal is the same address.

All prices include shipping within the U.S.

What do these custom handles look like? I thought it was just a modified stock version..

Sorry I forgot to mention that they do not come upholstered but in raw form as shown. You also have to find a cup to fit in the door for the actual "pull" aparatus, I used a cup from my 05 Mitsubishi Galant.

Is this the same handle as the black one shown above, but in raw un upholstered form?

Can I save on shipping, and if so how much, if I were to pick them up?

those look great, but i'm looking for something just to hold the speaker so I don't have to go cutting and worrying about clearance of the window

Does this door panel do everything you said? Only thing is you have to convert to power windows... but who doesnt?

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so I had a few ideas that I thought would look hot, what do you think? the carbon of course won't be covered and would make a hot accent for any other carbon used in the interior. Only one of the panels is trimmed the other is fresh out of the mold.

I also have an absolutely perfect set of carbon door panels I made up this weekend, I can let them go for 375 but only cause I got a good deal on the material. I think they would look hot with a few rivets (maybe three per side, top and bottom with a nice chrome door release. If anyone is interested I have enough material for one other set at that price.

0404_0[1]_thumb.jpg

new%20z%20panel%20pics%20004[1]_thumb.jpg

0602_naias_s+2009_chevrolet_camaro_concept+front_grille[1]_thumb.jpg

new%20z%20panel%20pics%20001[1]_thumb.jpg

0599_0[1]_thumb.JPG

I like the CF Door Panel, but I still don't fully understand how they install. Does it come with clips? Can I use my old handle? Can I use my old window crank? How does it connect at the top? What, if anything, do I have to use from my old door panels to install the new one?

Ok,

As far as installing the panels, you don't need anything from your old factory panels except the metal header (that the piece that goes across the top of the door, you know where your elbow rest when your crusing down the road) See attached pic - the piece is silver and too the left of the pic. As far as attaching the two pieces (the header and the new panel) I use a simple two part epoxy for fiberglass and metal, trust me when I say that this is all you need and you don't need alot of it - a tube will set you back 3-5 dollars. Let that set up over night as most of them require an 8 hour cure time. Once thats done you can use your old panels to align the holes for the window crank, door pull and plastic push pins.

You can use the factory clips or go to your local auto store and buy new plastic push pins/clips (recommended) the cost is maybe 5 dollars.

I can and would be willing to drill out the holes for the panels but I wasnt sure if the holes varied from year to year. Maybe if I could get some local guys to come by we can figure it out. For the 510 guys I had a totaled door that I cut in half so I could align the panels and drill all the holes before I shipped them, so if in fact the holes are all the same from year to year I would also need a door that I could cut in half to use as a template.

I would be willing to attach the header and the new panel at no cost for anyone that is willing to ship it to me with their purchase.

7403_thumb.attach

• 3 weeks later...