HybridZ

wilwood big brakes how to make your own kit front and back for $1550

Whats up everyone if you are going to buy big brakes from arizona z car stop they are a great kit if your lazy and dont want to do anything if your lazy you could still do the hole front and back in about 2 hours of work i will put all the part numbes

150-8855k stainlens steel brake line kit origanaly for a honda but it works x2

150-8855k brake pads rear x1

150-8850k brake pads front x1

120-6806 rear caliper x2

160-7702 rotor directional x1

160-7701 rotor directional x1

160-3847 rotor directional x1

160-3846 rotor directional x1

230-0233d rotor bolt kits x4

170-1754 rotor hats x4

120-7429l brake caliper x1

120-7429r brake caliper x1

its sound like alot of stuff but it is easy the hardest thing you need to do is in the fron you need to machine 1/16 off the rotor and a 1/16 off the front of the spindle and drill the caliper mounting bolts to 13mm and everything bolts right on this took me 45 min to do it is super easy and you will have 11 3/4 rotors that are 1.25 thick that is masive

in the rear all you need is to put a 1/2 wheel spacer then the rotor over the half shaft and extended wheel studs and a maxima 84 braket will work they are dime a dozen and take 20 min to take off both sides and machine 1/16 of the rotor and your done hook up your brake lines and bleed your brakes and you will have the best brakes someone could ever have i will be posting pictures when my brother comes and visits and i will use his digital camera if you have any questions you could e-mail me at cobraz240@hotmail.com ohh the rear brakes are .8 vented every thing is using a 2 peace rotor and the front rotors are massive they are 10 inches long i will post pics this weekend

the arizona z car kit is much more worth it than this setup. Arizonazcar comes with 12.2" 1.25" thick rotors in the front and 12.2" .81" thick rotors in the rear, all bolt on with just 260z/280z hubs in the front if you have a 240z. No need to machine or modify anything and all for the cost of $1544 plus shipping.

the arizona z car kit is much more worth it than this setup. Arizonazcar comes with 12.2" 1.25" thick rotors in the front and 12.2" .81" thick rotors in the rear, all bolt on with just 260z/280z hubs in the front if you have a 240z. No need to machine or modify anything and all for the cost of $1544 plus shipping.

Agreed...

I don't think there is a single thing wrong with the kit Dave put together at Arizona Zcar. When you look at the quality parts, the time it took to sort them, and the price, It is a bargain...

There are a LOT of options out there for Zcar brakes, and this one is certainly another of the many to investigate.

Mike

Completly agree as well.

I find this post interesting. As mentioned above, the Arizona kit is awesome, high quality, and priced very reasonable for what they provide.

However, without checking the validity of this engineering, I think this parts list could be acquired rather cheaply. The 11.75 rotor is the common circle track choice and is available in many configurations. Directional vane, straight vane, heavy duty, lightweight to name a few. Most are priced cheaper than stock replacements. Although machining does add cost. This set up might also fit inside most 15" wheels.

I would be interested in seeing a detailed build up and if the parts could be sourced cheaper. I've been getting my Wilwood brake parts from Bherent's. They are pretty cheap.

• 4 weeks later...
i will be loading the pics today i hope im waiting to borrow my friend digital camera and it does clear on my 15" wheels i think i should work with most im going to try to put 14" wheels just for kicks wish me luck

Hi cobraz240z

Can you follow through on your post, I'am interesed to see your set-up.

Cheers,

Guest speedmon

I'm new....so don't flame me too hard, but I think this post underscores what a great value Dave at Ariz Z is providing. I could understand if you could piece together the kit and save 40-50%, but Ariz Z's kit at $749 (front) + $795 (rear) = $1544........If I were Dave, I'd charge more. I know I bought the kit and I would've paid more......and Dave includes a proportioning valve as well.

But maybe that's just me.....I like to drive, not wrench.

And I've had these brakes to the track.......and they don't fade, which is what counts. I'm thinking of moving to a little more agressive pad though....for a better bite. That way I can stay on the throttle longer into the turn.

you are right i should have bought the kit myself but i wanted to try making it my self i guess just for the challenge but if you could peace to gether the parts for less its worth i should have bought the arizona z car kit but the advantage of my kit for those people running watenabe wheels you could run 15" wheels on this kit even some 14's with a 1/4 spacer i don't know you decide what you want im happy with my kit and i know it will work good

you are right i should have bought the kit myself but i wanted to try making it my self i guess just for the challenge but if you could peace to gether the parts for less its worth i should have bought the arizona z car kit but the advantage of my kit for those people running watenabe wheels you could run 15" wheels on this kit even some 14's with a 1/4 spacer i don't know you decide what you want im happy with my kit and i know it will work good

Well I don't think that they're right. I think that it's great that you used your own inginuity to make your own "kit". It almost sounds like everyone hear is trying to flame you for not getting the Arizona Z kit. (Is Arizona Z selling shares in their company that I'm not aware of.) If it wasn't for people with your creativity forums like this one would never exist. All you would hear is "What are you stupid you can't install #$@# in that".

Granted I'll be getting the Arizona Z kit myself since there isn't enough of a cost savings to make the fabrication worth it, but I admire your efforts. Keep it going.:)

I'm new....so don't flame me too hard' date=' but I think this post underscores what a great value Dave at Ariz Z is providing.........If I were Dave, I'd charge more. [/quote']

Well if he charged more it wouldn't be much of a value, would it! Arizona Z's parts are Top Notch, no question about it. And his prices are fair, that's why people buy from him. If he where to start chargeing $3K for his brake kit how many do you think he would sell? I know I wouldn't buy them when I could spent $1.5K and do it myself with basicaly the same parts.:twak: