HybridZ

Ahhhh.... almost done... and my bank account is crying...

Guest 73Turbo240z

told ya the springs were on backwards :D.

looks great dude. ill have to stop by and check out the Z and the GN.

sorry i couldnt come to help put the engine in.. i was sick as hell that weekend.

mike

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 73Turbo240z
told ya the springs were on backwards :D.

looks great dude. ill have to stop by and check out the Z and the GN.

sorry i couldnt come to help put the engine in.. i was sick as hell that weekend.

mike

yea i heard, it's cool, of all people david showed up to lend a hand, i was surprised. should be doing final install of the HY35w tommorow... definately gonna need some help figuring out the best places to put wires though!

looks like a nice motor build. looks track worthy to be sure. I bet it'll make a killer street car in the end 8)

About a year ago (right after I got my current ZX running) I calculated how much it would cost for me to rebuild my ZX and turn it into a ZXT with full cage, fuel cell, ect. ect. ect. and just in parts I priced it was well into the 18k range. So total build would be well over 20k even if I did 85-95% of the work myself, wich would require me learning some new trades along the way.

So I understand that it all adds up quick. Honestly, this is the main factor that scares me. If you do a rebuild right you can easliy spend what it costs to buy something new, or better yet, build a kit car. Of course, saying your car is your own beucase you made it is better than saying your car runs "x" times stock.

My hat is off in honor of your tribute. I'm glad to see it's all moving along so well.

Oh and for "color choices" in the engine bay.. honestly there were none, i painted most of the stuff black just to make it hard to pick out when folks are looking under the hood.

Hey... nothing wrong with a black engine bay!

rb26installfront0qu.jpg

Makes touch-up work a snap (since I'm sure I'll drop more than a few wrenches/metallic items in the engine bay).

Guest 73Turbo240z
I wish the railroad would give me as much time as it seems you have to mess around with the Z. Its sounds like it gonna a be a killer.

i wish too, full time student, and i still have to work to pay for school/bills/etc...

it's all about those all nighters in the garage lol

Guest 73Turbo240z

dsc053714ax.th.jpg

dsc053739cq.th.jpg

dsc053743pt.th.jpg

dsc053695er.th.jpg

dsc053670qx.th.jpg

dsc053686ti.th.jpg

dsc053638wp.th.jpg

dsc053659yr.th.jpg

dsc053667an.th.jpg

this will kinda show you what i'm working w/... excuse the crappy looking pipes, can't paint em till we finish welding a bead on all the areas needed.

Guest 73Turbo240z
Nice work the bottom end should be able to hold some serious HP.What tranny are you planning on running?You wouldn`t want to leave pieces of transmission on the ground.

n/a five speed for now... i'm broke from all this, don't have money to get a g-force t-5 or anything snazzy like that at the moment unfortunately... we'll see how long the stocker gearbox holds, i'm going to try to limit my standing start launches as much as i can to attempt to coax my driveline into putting up w/ the engine...

Guest 73Turbo240z

biggest downpipe on an L block ever i think possibly? 3.75" initial to 3" just before it tucks under the firewall... getting much closer to having a L block running on holset power.

3502_p96123.jpg

3502_p96126.jpg

3502_p96124.jpg

3502_p96125.jpg

• 1 month later...
Guest 73Turbo240z

Today i drove my Z for the 1st time ever... after it being in my garage for a year and a half on stands, and wrenching on it for roughly just shy of a year even, i've completely redone every mechanicle system on the car, all thats left is creature comfors/vanity items.

And working the kinks out of the factory electrical stuff... :-

currently pushing 8psi through the HX35w via the ZXT actuator, boost comes on by 3100rpm with a baseline nothing special tune. still need to finish breaking the motor in.

She'll be getting a bath and more formal photographing within the next few days, wanna first finalize all the exterior work that would have me leaving smudges.

dsc058712gu.th.jpg

dsc058712gu.jpg