HybridZ

Dashborad question?

ULISES

Don't buy a new one, it will crack also. Have yours recovered by a place called dashes.com I think is the link. They use vacume forming equipment to cover your dash with modern UV resistant materials that will last much longer than the original nissan dash. Just my opnion but I would either do that or get a fiberglass dash from PDK fabrication.

I have access to one for $1100

Just wanted to know if its a fair price.I think it would be better to have a costum one made.

How long do you guys think an orinal dash would last in a garaged and if i use those sun protectors?

I live in san jose but i do go to central cali sometimes and the sun is really hot over there.

Thank's for your help!

HEY SERG!

I've heard the same thing as the others, That if you find a new dash. It will also crack. I believe the reason being is that these dashes were made many years ago. You've seen my car. I'm using a full dash cap from MSA. Very hard to tell. Or..... Maybe someone will chime in on the company that can redo yours.

See ya Soon! When is your car going to Mikes?

JOEY

I had contacted dashboard Restorations about doing my dash. The are in New Zealand but recently opened a location here in the states.

http://www.dashboardrestorations.com.au

They wanted $575 plus shipping both ways.

I probably would have had them do it but I got a great deal on an NOS dashboard about 6 months ago. It is sitting here waiting for the new EL gauges to arrive so I can pull the old dash and install the new one. Another winter project.

I have a full dashcap on now and it looks great. Most people don't even notice that it is a cap.

Great guys,

I dicided to wait on this, Since most of you would just use the dash cap or rebuild it,I will do one of either on a future.

Hey Joey,

My car is @ the paintshop right now,It should be out of there this saturday hopefully.After that its Mike's call.We agreed to start by the second week on november.

I would like to know if you are going to have the driveshaft made.I am interested in buying one,So let me know details on the payment.I have most of the parts needed,I just need the driveshaft and jtr's header and air intake system.

One more question for you guys,I need help on the dimensions for the booster.I tried to order and they list two different one's on parts stores.They have a 8 1/2 inches and a 10 inch.Wich would be the correct or how do I measure to find out?

Thank's

I had contacted dashboard Restorations about doing my dash. The are in New Zealand but recently opened a location here in the states.

http://www.dashboardrestorations.com.au

I am pretty sure they are in Australia, hence the .au ;)

Does anyone with a late S30 dash, i.e. 1977 have an issue with elongated centre triple guages?

Mine look like they have somehow sagged to and oval rather than a circle over time, or were late models made like that?

Have to wonder how much difference Armorall has on the crack issue.

NEVER USE ARMORALL FOR ANYTHING----EVER!!!

Sure it looks all glossy and shiny, if you like that look, but IF you don't CONTINUE to use it on a regular (like once every 2 weeks) basis, it will dry out and actually be the cause of your formerly supple, pliable surfaces cracking.

A while back, Armorall had a garantee that basically read out if your finish cracks or warps they would replace your finish. They actually took a cross section of whatever surface it was on to a Scanning Electron Microscope to count the application layers to get an idea of the frequency of usage. They ask you when you started applying the product and compare to when the cracks occur and divided that into the number of layers you applied. If it wasnt' frequent enough (they decided the acceptable number) they wouldn't pay.

----OK end of rant---