HybridZ

Receiving the usual bashing on Zcar.com

So they're bashing that on Zcar.com, eh? Figures!

Tha's a very nicely done JTR conversion with a Jim Cooke (sp?) "California Z" body kit. I really like it---it's nice inside & out, upside & downside.

There's not a whole lot "wrong" with it either...add a shift boot and you're ready to go.

Davy

What really gets me with "those guys" over on Zcar.com is that most, if not all of them have never been in a properly done V8 conversion, so they would rather spew ignorance rather than ask intelligent questions about why a V8 might be a good alternative. :roll:

"It's a V8, so it must have horrible handling, brake poorly, upsetting the miraculously perfect handling that nissan nailed 30+ years ago :roll: and must only be good in a straight line..." :lmao:

And people wonder why I think so poorly of "those guys"...

There are some good guys on Zcar.com... It's Just "those guys" that ruin it for me... :lmao:

Long live HybridZ and to those with the "purist" mentality, please go away and show your ignorance no more... :2thumbs:

Mike :cool:

Mikelly

your SOOO right!

while I build corvettes, and build engines, mostly, I regularly do engine swaps, I can,t believe the B.S. posts I get frequently from guys that I know for a FACT that have never worked on or even SEEN some aftermarket equipment , that BASH! AWAY! and show thier TOTAL ignorance of the process, or system,or parts involved, yet get violently upset and seaithing/drooling insanely mad when you even HINT that there OPINIONS are NOT based on ANY facts and that they have NEVER EVEN SEEN that particular modification, or tested it.

you just have to realize that theres a small vocal vicsious group of total AS$%%^^ out there that love nothing better that to cut down other peoples work and go out of thier way to slander and bash anything they see thats differant from thier VERY LIMITED experiances

Im amazed at the number of idiots that assume that if THEY have not done something that it can,t be done and would never work, or guys that buy a part install it,(incorrectly or for the wrong application) can,t get it to work, then spend the rest of thier lives posting about what a peice of CRAP,(XYZ) part or modification is!

I dont see really nothing wrong with the car at all good build, good looking car, inside adn out, only thing that I see that I dont like is that like erm remaining 260-280 style bumper jutting out of the back, really takes away from it.

Wouldnt stop me from taking it though lol

only because the classiczcars site is down and they can't bash there.

Ain't that the truth... I've fought the good fight there a couple times already trying to show them the path of righteousness when people started bashing V8 conversions. Zcar.com I just can't take. Seen enough posts with WRONG info I just can't deal with it.

What really gets me with "those guys" over on Zcar.com is that most, if not all of them have never been in a properly done V8 conversion, so they would rather spew ignorance rather than ask intelligent questions about why a V8 might be a good alternative.

I gotta say I was totally misinformed and pretty adamently ignorant of the V8 thing when I first came here. I came reluctantly because the zhome.com email list and classiczcars.com couldn't answer my suspension questions. Anyway when my L6 blows up (unfortunately it only has about 1000 miles on it so far) I'm going V8. After years of trying to squeeze blood from a stone I've finally figured out how ignorant the purists really are, and this included me for a long time.

Anyway that is a pretty sweet looking car. Not sure that I like those tail lights, but tail lights wouldn't keep me from buying were I in the market. Looks like it has a lot of the right stuff in it.

Zcar.com - all of the knowledgable people that post over there that are worth listening to are on this site - no need to go there unless you want to be part of the "cliques" that are over there.

classiczcars.com - alot of the same players that make zcar.com a circus are on classiczcar.com too. I really like Mike, the owner, and was part of that email list for many years (one of the 1st members).

What's happened is that 98% or more of the GOOD, OPEN MINDED, TECH-SMART people in the Z world that are on the Internet are on HybridZ.org. So there's no real reason to go anywhere else, and I don't unless one of my photos on classiczcar.com gets a comment and I get an email, etc.

Grumpyvette - what I see as a huge issue with you and the vette world are the NCRS purists and you're disregard for keeping things stock :). You must drive those guys nuts! WTG :2thumbs:

I agree Pete. Mike At ClassicZ is a real good guy, Met him at the 2002 MSA show, and he was a great person to get to know and hang with. Unfortunately a lot of people don't see our way of moderating the web. :shock: F'em! :lmao:

There are very few turds in our HybridZ punch bowl and we're weeding them out as we go! :2thumbs:

Mike :cool: