HybridZ

who has the fattest lip on their z???

Is that Cary's old car? He was saying he sold his FP car in a recent thread, and he's about the only guy I've ever heard of who runs 13's (something I always wanted to do). Regardless, looks like hell on wheels in a good way!!! You run track days with no brake lights?!? Brave man...

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Jon,

No the car isn’t McAlisters car. Last I heard he was still working on “Tube80Z”, hmmm. If he sold it I wonder which of his many other projects he’s working on?

SOOooo… you know Cary huh? He’s a great guy, EXTREMELY knowledgeable on chassis design and set up. We’ve known each other since about 1989-1990 or so. Kelvin Dietz introduced us back then. We don’t get a chance to talk to often but when we do get together the topics are “interesting” to say the least. Last time we spoke, (late this last summer), he heard about our new race car acquisition and was looking forward to competing this coming season.

Any how, my car belonged to Vern Littrell out of Medford and it USED to have a single little bitty round brake light for the track days, (see pic below). I removed the brake light as it is now a SOLO-II car. When I removed the brake light, I also finished the taillight panel as you see in the previous rear view pic.

BrakelightSmall.jpg

Maybe we’ll see you down here this season? I’ll post the Eugene event schedule when I get it. Cary McAlister and Ron Tyler should also be there throughout the season.

Here’s a pic of yours truly (wearing the hat), standing with Vern Littrel the day we picked the car up and I had JUST found out it was mine! (note the big smile)

HappyMedium.jpg

SOOooo… you know Cary huh? He’s a great guy, EXTREMELY knowledgeable on chassis design and set up.

Haven't met him in person, but I have talked to him pretty extensively here, and he is very knowledgeable.

If I can get the damn car done you'll see me. I was supposed to get it done last summer, and I think I have more projects on the slate now than I did last winter. While I'm at it...

Is that Cary's old car? He was saying he sold his FP car in a recent thread, and he's about the only guy I've ever heard of who runs 13's (something I always wanted to do). Regardless, looks like hell on wheels in a good way!!! You run track days with no brake lights?!? Brave man...

Paul already gave the story on his car. Mine comes from Montana and was bought for parts for my tube car project. It was an ex-hillclimb car that hit a tree. After sitting in the shop for some time I decided to make it work and try out ideas before committing to them on the tube car.

DSC05912.JPG

Outside of the shop.

IMG_7220.JPG

At play in Medford (http://www.ssccmedford.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=15&Itemid=44)

Cary

Power wise, sure enough, it doesn’t need “that†much tire, handling wise on the road courses, I think these large tires do help keep it stuck to the pavement in the corners. For Solo-II, these tires might be a bit TOO Much. Like I said in the previous post, within a couple seasons, I may go to a narrower tire. We’ll see how she does this season before I make up my mind.

In Medford the wide tires are worth about 8 tenths when you learn how to make them work. Currently my car is almost three seconds a lap faster than Kotzian in his Z0-6.

The sweeper is flat in third on entry :-)

For really short runs it may be better to use the tens in back too.

Cary

• Administrators

Cary,

How you been?

You gonna make Ice Breaker this year?

Jon mentioned that you sold an FP car? So what are your plans this for racing this season?

Thanks for the heads up on the anti dive in the T/C rod thread.

As for the J-county sports park. You are hitting the sweeper flat out in 3rd?!?! and hanging on to it? DANG BOUY!!! That is nuts.

AND you are 3 seconds FASTER than Kotzian? I’ve beaten Kotzian myself in my old V-8 Z but it was “barely”. A 3 second time spread is an eternity and against a national champ driver to boot… Kudos on the times. SO I may as well just leave my car on the trailer then….. LOL

Out of curiosity, Cary, what induction are running on your race car/s?

• 4 years later...

5 year bump!? where the frig was I during this thread?! Well I can't beat the race car, but I think I'm about dead even with Terry. 17x11 4.5 inch backspace if i recall.

Not really a surprise to anyone that knows my car. I always love a good wheel thread.

Wheels018.jpg

DSC01902.jpg