HybridZ

2006 Bugatti $1.25 million, worth it ? 4 turboes

jtmny1999

If money were no object and my CPA and investment banker were on board with it, you bet. That car is a technological work of art. I read the Road and Track article on it and that sucker is amazing.

If all goes well, I plan to sell my current Vette this summer and place an order for a NEW 2007 Z06. Not nearly the potential of that Bugati, but not the price tag either.

Mike :cool:

did you happen to see the Top Gear episode on that car?

I did, and it changed my mind forever. If i won the lottery you bet your arse I would have one of those on the way to my garage. along with the mclaren SLR.

although I dont see myself in that car, its a work of art and an engineering masterpiece.

Well, I figure if someone can actually see what your car looks like when you go plowing past them going +215mph (not that'd you'd really do that on a street) and they say hey I don't like the looks. I could care less because I'd be a little blip in their eyesite by then :P .

Tyson

Good luck getting everything that car is to FIT into an austin martin. The car weights 4k pounds for crying out loud! And it's not the luxury items that make it heavy.

It's as close as anyone has come to a "reliable producion F1 car". The AWD alone boggles my mind and deserves it's own nobel prize.

From what I heard the car ran into probs being a concept car body that they designed the drivetrain and performance around. Aerodynamically the car was challenged, it acted like a wing and wanted to fly so a lot of r&d time went into keeping it down. Compared to the McLaren, this car is faster (by a few mph) but it takes an additional 400+ hp for the Bugatti to get there.

Good luck getting everything that car is to FIT into an austin martin. The car weights 4k pounds for crying out loud! And it's not the luxury items that make it heavy.

The damn thing has 10 radiators, yes 10 radiators. A few of which I see can being eliminated. If you watched the Top Gear video, you know what I'm talking about. The vehcle was an exercise, and that's it. Hell, VW is LOOSING money on each sale of the vehicle. We will never see something like this again... unless another manufacturer thinks they can do better...?

Read a lot about it, and even saw the Top Gear episode. That thing is a beast!

Other facts I picked up from Motortrend:

1) Audio system is worth $30k

2) With the TCS off, it will spin ALL 4 tires in 3rd gear.

I want to see one in person, there are a lot of cars out there that look much better in person, and I believe this is one of them.

Mario

HELL yeh it's worth it!!

It accelerates 0-60mph in 2.8 seconds!!

this car accelerates faster than the 2005 model FIA FORMULA ONE cars!!

and you reach 1.1 G's upon accelerating!

it's an absolute phenominal car, I am amazed how it's still road legal!

Astonishing, the worlds fastest acclerating, and the worlds fastest top speed car.

I can sum it up for you in two words :

My God!

did you hear about how quick it gets to its top speed!!!

the F1 can be going 125mph pass the bugatti and yet the bugatti can then floor it from a stop and beat it to its top speed before the miclar can!!! wow o wow..

if i had that car i would have that wing up all the time, call me ricer but that sucker looks awesome with it up.

ill take 2!

mike

I saw one of these a couple years ago at Laguna Seca during the Monterey Historics. They did a couple laps in this car. What I remember was that they spun out at least 3 or 4 times. Its a cool car, but if they can't put down all that power it seems kind of useless, although that might have been before they refined the TCS

The new technical editor for Road and Track is the guy who built the Mclaren. He did the technical write up on the car and was probably one of the best people to objectively tear the car appart. They actually built in a lot of down force into the new bodywork in order to keep the car on the ground. It is an engineering masterpiece.

Sure, VW will lose lots of dollars on it. That wasn't the point. The point was making a car that would do what they did with it. In reality, I doubt we'll ever see one of these on a public road.

We are truly living in an automotive age our grandchildren will talk about as being the "good old days". 500HP seems to be the mark for the big 3 to fight over for their ubber sports/ pony cars. Then you have the mid level 400HP cars that are becoming pretty common. And with the imports pretty much selling in the upper 200 to lower 300HP range for their flagship and midlevel enthusiast cars, it is truly a time when we gear heads should be in a constant state of euphoria!

Mike

Compared to the McLaren, this car is faster (by a few mph) but it takes an additional 400+ hp for the Bugatti to get there.

You might point out at this juncture that the McLaren F1 could top 240mph, but at that speed it was pretty much out of control. And anyway it really isn’t in the same league as the Bugatti. In a drag race you could let the McLaren get to 120mph before setting off in the Veyron. And you’d still get to 200mph first. The Bugatti is way, way faster than anything else the roads have seen.

http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,12529-1890873_1,00.html

This was Jeremy Clarkson's exact words.

You might point out at this juncture that the McLaren F1 could top 240mph, but at that speed it was pretty much out of control. And anyway it really isn’t in the same league as the Bugatti. In a drag race you could let the McLaren get to 120mph before setting off in the Veyron. And you’d still get to 200mph first. The Bugatti is way, way faster than anything else the roads have seen.