HybridZ

this ones off the WTF!? meter...

veritech-z

why would you paint a DeLorean? that is a good motor swap for that car but they are still very heavy.

you would paint a delorean to be different, since every factory delorean was unpainted stainless.

You're also wrong about the delorean being very heavy. It was designed to compete with the corvette, and it had a crappy v6 peugeuot engine. Solution? Light weight.

All the panels are fiberglass, stainless is only outside material. The car is quite light at 2700lbs with a full tank of gas.

I actually know a guy who's done alot of body work on deloreans. It's an art to say the least. Only someone inexerpeinced with SS body work would have to use filler, unless the panel is completely thrashed in wich case you're screwed anyways.

I saw a delorean the other day wich is always a treat, I've always liked them. They really could pass off as a 80's supercar imo.

The delorean is quite the common hybrid though, since the stock motors don't have much potential and are pathetic to begin with. If you search the net you'll find some wild swaps. I think one of my favorite swaps was a northstar v8. I think the car was yellow with GT500 corner panel scoops. If memory serves correct.

did you ever notice how much wheel gap they have on stock ones, but yet they are still so low from ground to roof? That car was a combination of so many conflicting design cues...super fast looks, super slow drivetrain. I think there is a company out in Texas that still offers turbochargers for them, ups the power to like 230 or so, but to my knowledge, there was most definitely never a V-8 option. Supposedly the factory turbo was in the works before John DeLorean went to jail for drugs or whatever he did. There is also a shop with the last factory trained mechanic who still works on DMC cars in operation there too.