HybridZ

I am so nervous.

CruxGNZ

I'm taking my UDC Inspectors exam at 12 noon central time. I'm nervous as all heck. I need to pass this. It will make for a better life for me. I've been in construction since I was a little kid (been about 21-22 years, family business) and it's just flat out boring now. I've done it all and it just becomes so repetitious. Besides, my body is already showing me signs that I should choose a different occupation.

My Grandpa was a Building Inspector for the city of Brookfield, WI and my aunt Cindy is a Building Inspector in Mukwonago, WI. After talking with them, I know I will love this job. I just need to pass this freakin' test!

Wish me luck!

Running a business which requires a lot of physical work is great when you are young, but don't wait too long. I nearly destroyed both wrists, can't get on my knees, and shoulders suck, currently putting off a partial wrist fusing. The thought of no shifting the Z for 10 weeks or more is hard to take during the summer. You're doing the right thing. Good Luck!

Well, just got back. Three hours of sitting on your butt is very hard to do. I feel like I did pretty good though. I ran out of time and there were two questions that I couldn't find an answer to, so being mulitple choice, I have a 25% chance of getting those right.

I had a dream the other night with a vision of the test score and it was 72%. Not the best, but still a passing grade. We will see if I'm right in 14 days or less.

UDC is Uniform Dwelling Code. UBC is Uniform Building Code. To be honest with you, I don't know the difference. I never looked at the UBC books.

Yeah, my knees are shot, my wrists crack and my neck and back hurt. Sometimes I sleep on the hard floor, because it actually feels good. I can't wait to get a different job. People don't understand what I do all day. Sometimes it will be slow and give me some time to putz around on the computer or any of my other hobbies and sometimes you are working yourself so hard you turn into a machine. You just keep going and going and yelling at yourself to not quit or look like a baby. Those days I won't miss. It will suck going from working for yourself to having a boss, but I can eventually become independent and be my own boss again. That will be years down the road, so that's something to look forward to. I got my fingers crossed, my toes crosses, my legs crossed, my arms crossed, my nuts crossed and my eyse crsosed. I hope it's a passing grade.

I'll find out within 14 days. It's kind of funny, I'm a huge Simpsons fan and when I was taking the test, I got through three questions in a row that I knew off the top of my head and I had Homer in my head saying, "I am so smart, I am so smart, SMRT,I mean SMART". And I just started laughing my butt off in this room of about one hundred people and a couple of them turned around and my face got all red. How the hell do you explain that? :lmao:

I feel my life is going in the right direction now. I met a very beautiful woman recently and we hit it off. We have so much fun together! Tonight she showed me how to play Texas Hold'em. I lost my *** (she's SO a shark!), but I had a blast losing the money. I love being around her and she loves being around me, because I make her laugh. And now I feel like the Inspectors test was a go also.

I sure hope I'm not setting myself up for breakdown. I couldn't deal with not passing this test and god forbid, losing this woman. We will see...

Guest zfan

Mat,

The best of luck to you regarding the Exam and your new found "dream Girl". Texas hold em is a blast..you will be hooked. We play a few times a year and play a 20 buck buy in.

Again Best of luck with your exam!

Mike

• 2 weeks later...