HybridZ

Well It Starts...My EVO \STi Hunter Build..Pics

slownrusty

and maybe the odd C5 'Vette if they want to play...LOL

I think I am going to busy over the next few weekends (if not more).

Specs:

Stock 144,000mile bottom end

Fully ported and polished P90 head (beautifully done by Whitehead Performance)

TS04 Garrett Turbo (running around 16-18psi)

TiAL external wastegate

Custom made intake manifold + 70mm mustang Throttle Body by JamieT

SFP Header (ceramic coated)

Haltech + MSD 6AL

JSK Fuel Rail + 550cc RC Injectors

ACT clutch

ARP head studs

Custom 3" downpipe (JeffP)

Flame bent aluminum IC Piping - 2.25"

Upgraded oil cooler + Earls fittings

I am shooting for 325ish at the wheels...I'll take 300 though! :)

Here are the pics:

158478316.jpg

158478446.jpg

158478407.jpg

158478354.jpg

158478392.jpg

158478376.jpg

158478538.jpg

158478585.jpg

158478494.jpg

Hope you guys do not mind me asking you questions as I go! I will need your great help.

Yasin

• Administrators

Very cool. Looks a like a true grass roots bare bones approach to producing mass power. When it comes to building power, whether it be N/A or boosted, I really appreciate the “purpose built, non show”, approach. The pics of your build exemplify that quite well. No showy fancy dancy high dime parts, only what is needed to make big power. Big cylinder head ports, big intake manifold, big throttle valve, big turbo, big exhaust manifold, big injectors, etc. We are looking forward to reading some big power numbers and big trap speeds at the strip to match those big parts…

FWIW, It wouldn’t surprise me if after your beast is all dialed in, and I mean totally dialed in, fuel and ignition, that you could make as much as 400 HP to the wheels, with over 450 lbs of torque…. The PINKS boys hit 390 HP at 21 pounds of boost and that was at only 4900 RPM!!! That much boost with the HP peak at 5500+ RPM is well over 400+ HP……

Keep us posted…

Happy with 300 to the wheels... Hoping for 325.... DUDE with that turbo, and that head and intake, you should be looking closer to 400 WHP (if the cam will provide). I'm just say'n ... that looks like it will be a killer set up. 70mm TB, external waist gate:eek:. The only thing I can say is spend a few hundred on refreshing the short block, with all that awesome (pricey)stuff I wouldn't want to worry about the short block not being able to handel that HP potential. Do a 20 thou over bore,arp rod bolts, new bearings and front and rear main seal and you will be rock'n the 400+ WHP monster. DUDE ... I'm just say'n.... DUDE!:burnout:

P.S. I think there is a Custom ground turbo cam on ebay for sale, 610 lift and 270 duration, it makes power up to 8,000 RPM.

KEEP US POSTED... GREAT PICTURES TOO!

Guest ON3GO

the 390whp was at 18psi with a spike to 20....

with the engine overheating like a mofo..

Yasin... like always your cars are gonna make me drool!

mike

Thanks for the replies and support guys. I will happily take 350-370....!!!

Mikey - Can you please list the set-up on the Pinks car again?

BRAAP - I am going to do a little cleaning up and add a little "show" look to the final install, but for the most part it will stay looking as per my pics - purposeful. I am going to add one of my known "polished" slowNrusty valve covers and might do the intake as well. And yes the whole motivation behind the project is "BIG"...LOL!

Olie - the hole in the 5th runner is for an EGT

B_sosick - the header was made by South Florida Performance (SFP), I was part of a group by on this manifold about 4years ago - that's how long that thing has been sitting in a box! SFP has now gone bankrupt or dissolved (I believe) and there was 6 or 7 of us that actually went in on this group buy, some members are on here (JeffP incl.). The header has some fitment issues that I have to still sort out, but should not be to bad.

Ivan and Thumper - thanks!

What cam do you guys recommend, that I can just "bolt in" and not have to worry about valve to piston clearances and offer some lift to keep those valve open longer?

Keep the replies coming guys!

Yasin

I would contact http://www.webcamshafts.com/ they have a couple of different grinds that you can use with stock valve springs.The regrind is only $158 but you will need either new or resurfaced rockers and thicker lash pads.I see no problem in your meeting your 300rwh goal with your setup. My old SDS ,MSD BTM with a C26 turbo made 275rwh with WEBS largest turbo grind at 12 psi of boost, this was a 3 liter with a liquid /air IC with some mild port work and a modified exhaust manifold and 65mm TB.With a mild turbo cam I see closer to 400rwh running the boost levels your talking about.I would be more concerned about breaking a stock bottom end than making 300rwh, which should be NP.

Looks like you're well on your way to 300+ hp. I'm running a very similar setup that I'm starting to dial in. Main differences are stock turbo manifold, t03/t04, and 420cc injectors. I have one of James Thagards old intake manifold that I still need to install. I'm shooting for 300 at the wheels too burnout.gif

Good luck on the build.

510six - thanks for the cam info..I will contact Web. How do I know what thickness lash pad to specify -or- will the Web Techs know?

I asked before on if the bottom end will hold out and many people have said that they are strong enough to last...cross fingers.

Cody - I will initally set-up the Haltech but eventually tune it on a dyno.

Yasin

I see your going for the infinite boost mod / you forgot to build a waste gate flange?

I agree with PUSHER - It appears that header was clearly designed for an internal wastegate turbo - but it appears from the angles in your pictures that you have installed an externally regulated turbo?

Could you show us some pictures from the other side and maybe the bottom?

If you do have wastegate setup arranged, I agree with the others, mid 300's should be no problem with good tuning. What is your wastegate setup?

-Bob