HybridZ

What to replace the Vette With....

Mikelly

What to replace the C5 Corvette With???  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What to replace the C5 Corvette With???

• 2005-2006 Corvette
    • 2004-2005 Dodge Viper
    • 2003-2005 BMW M3
    • 2002-2004 Porsche 911
    • 2007 Mustang GT500
    • 2003-2005 Mercedes CLK55 AMG
    • 2006 Cadilac XLR

My vote would be for a Viper with a Sean Roe Supercharger setup. The kits is very nice and this guy is very good with these cars. About the M3, do you really want a car that will get beat by a 4-Runner from one stop light to the next over and over again. Well I guess that really is not a fair race based on that our 97 4-Runner is not what you would call stock but is street legal and a daily driver.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted 911. the new 997's are gorgeous and JDP rated Porsche #1 most reliable brand to boot.

The M3 definately gets my 2nd vote. My friend has one and wow that is one well balanced car. PLENTY of power, great handling and driveablility. He does complain about having his $50k car whooped on by Mustangs though lol.

the CLK is nice and any of the AMG's are quick but do you want to hassle with the billions of electrical problems that they have?

The Viper doesn't seem very "daily driver" friendly... but what a stunning car to look at. the Z06 however great, isn't the best built IMO.

As stated already above, the NSX is an amazing car. Light, fast, exotic, and gets decent gas mileage too. Not to mention its Japanese built by HAND. My close friend has one (for sale too) and that car definately hauls ***.

Also consider a 2002-2003 BMW M Coupe with the S54 motor if buying used isn't a problem for you. You either love the style or hate it.. I think it looks bad ***! :) good luck on your decision!

Guest l28et

Im going to have to agree others that have posted NSX.

Gorgeous cars, very exotic looking and extremly capable daily driver. For the "wow factor" and all around performance, while it may be a little limited on space, the NSX is sounding pretty good. Plus, they hold their value nicely and the design really is quite timeless.

I like the 97-01 the most. The 02+ is cool too, I just don't like the headlights.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ONLY-10-542-MILES-NSX-TARGA-EXCELLENT-CONDITION_W0QQitemZ250000443979QQihZ015QQcategoryZ5337QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Mikelly - how do you feel about the NSX?

Otherwise, my votes still on the M3/M roadster.

I've never really been a fan of the NSX, and I was given a ride around Road Atlanta in one... They do handle well, but the power wasn't there as I remember not being WOW'ed with it...It isn't even in consideration for me.

Mike

I only went with the Viper instead of the Porsche, because for some reason, the town I live in is crawling with them. I only get a minor kick out of seeing a really nice Porsche nowaday, which sucks, because Porsche is probably my third or fourth favorite car manufacturer.

The new 07 porsche 911 turbos are going to be equipped with variable area nozzle turbos

Will this be the first production car making use of the VATN setup?

IMO, the Porsche. I know you didnt list the '07, but either way.. Tough to go wrong with a Porsche.

I've never really been a fan of the NSX' date=' and I was given a ride around Road Atlanta in one... They do handle well, but the power wasn't there as I remember not being WOW'ed with it...It isn't even in consideration for me.

Mike[/quote']

You could turbocharge it :)

Yeah, the turbo III shelby chargers had it. I used to work with a rabid fwd mopar turbo guy, and he swore by them, but i've only ever seen those cars in the junkyard. They had the exhaust manifold on the back of the engine which makes them a PITA to even look at. I heard Honda is going to use one on the new turbo MDX that is coming out too, though. The current MDX motor is very odd (we use them in the Saturn Vue), it has the exhaust runners cast into the head, and there is one big round downpipe that bolts to each head for the exhaust...

I didnt know the VATN technology had been around that long. Interesting.

My understanding of it (as limited as that really is) is that it is essentially the be-all end-all of turbo design. Very interesting. I wonder if the Dodge turbo's could be made use of.

This car will most likely not be used on track, and will be my daily car to go to work/ meetings in.

Do you happen to like the Cadillac CTS-V, or CTS-V Supercharged? Rumor has it, theres a CTS Super V coming out with an ls9. 7.0 V8 505 hp, or a 6.2 V8 w/600hp :D

http://www.americancarfans.com/spyphotos/6060419.002/6060419.002.mini1L.jpg

http://www.americancarfans.com/spyphotos/6060419.002/6060419.002.mini2L.jpg

Have you driven the CTS V? I had one for about a year. I loved it and still miss that car. Looked great, I liked the ride and it did things that a 4 door shouldn't do. They can be found for mid to high 30's if you look hard.

Fun, reliable, and don't attract the attention from local law enforcement that the others do. I could have a ball on the track with one of these. Which is one of the reasons I sold it. Too nice to track.

I said corvette, particularly ZO6 they look so good with that widebody.

But even better than all that is on that's on the list hold out for the Nissan GT-R due for release next november as a 2008 model. V6 turbo turbo might be bit different than the pushrod V8 but for the competition that this car is supposed to match this might jsut what your looking for. AWD, luxurious, powerful, and great handling, and good old Japanese reliability what gets better.

I'm still looking... Not sure, but I do want a convertible... I have seen decent prices on the XLR... Don't know... Also looking at lder M roadsters as a cheaper alternative...

Mike

Kirkham, Superformance or Repliaca Shelby Cobra? Hot, smelly, loud, rough riding and convertible. Everything you want in a "sports car" but not a daily driver ;)

Sounds like you have your work cut out for you making this decision.