HybridZ

Thanks to all our donating members!!

DavyZ

I'd personally like to thank everyone who donates this time and has even donated in the past. More than a few members have been EXTREMELY generous in the past ($$$) and have footed a lot of the burden. I know not everyone has a lot of money to throw around, so please know that even $20 can make a difference and keep the site humming along.

We have not officially asked for donations for a while and many of you generously contributed in the past. The donations keep the site going and also help to ensure that it runs smoothly. None of the admin are paid and Dan foots most of the cost himself. We're talking about the ongoing maintenance and ISP costs to the tune of more than $2k per year, so

Dan needs us to help out. The cost of upgrades, whether software or hardware, is considerably expensive as well.

I'm not as eloquent as some of the other admin in making such request, but I'll be darned if I'm not as passionate for this site!!!

You can donate very easily by using the "Donate" button in the "HybridZ" menu on the top left of the page.

The last donation drive went very well, and we are hoping for a similar response again this time around.

Remember that this site saves us all money and effort though the information on this site.

Davy

Made this a sticky.

Guys, Dan is doing a LOT of work in the background and the maintenance and upgrades are being carried by him and his credit cards. We have a good membership base and if we all just give a little, it will go far in keeping this site up and technologically up-to-date.

As Davy mentioned above, you can click on the Donate button above, or if you need to send a cheque or money order, just PM any of the Admins/Moderators or Dan himself and you can get an address to mail it to.

Kudos Phil!!

Come on guys....lets get this rolling. Every bit helps. I would hate to see this board go down permanently because Dan can't afford to keep it going.

If nothing else, think of it as a magazine subscription. What magazine do you know of that provides information as focused and valuable as this site does.

Pull out the cushions in the sofa and grab up some dough!!

They turnout so far has been dismall!!

I'm sure that Dan would appreciate every penny!!

Thanks guys.. I'm going to compare HybridZ to PBS TV. They are both educational and entertainig but it stops there. PBS, when they really have something on that I want to see have one hr. of substance and two of pledge BS. It drives me nuts, thank god I have Direct TV with DVR. On this site there's only a couple of threads about donating. You can log on and stay 24 hrs. searching, viewing, posting, or uploading for nothing. The thing to remember is the site's equipment runs 24/7 and needs upgrading or replacement as req.

So guys think about it... if you are like me you may have a jar or 2 or more of change that you keep hidden. GO to it ,take it to the change machine and send a donation. You will never miss it and look at the bennies....:-)

LARRY

Well I just went through the garage and found what I am going to call HybridZ auction merchandise for ebay. Hopefully Sun I am going to put it all on ebay and after paypal fees and shipping gets paid I am gonna donate the rest to this site.

Really just crap I will never use and probaly would toss when I get fed up looking at it one day, but should bring a little money.

3 AFM's

2 Broken Dizzies

Bunch of Misc FI parts.

280ZXT Comp

Still looking through boxes....

I agree with TimZ as the "service" this board provides should be looked at like a subscription. I know I would definately miss all the knowledge base of this site if it was gone. (ahh have to resort to ZDriver)

Thanks for the recent donations!!!

Let's keep it going - and really, even $20 towards it helps if enough regular users were to pitch in.

But let me hit you with a bit of reality. There are a handful of members here that throw in much more than that yearly. They can or can't really afford it, depending on which one it is.

Let's not let them be the only ones that help pay off Dan's credit card. We really need every regular user to throw in what they feel it's worth and what they can afford. I am not so old that I don't remember what it's like to be in school and strapped for cash, so those of you who are temporarily low on funds, I''m not really directing this at you - I fully understand not being able to help, even though you feel like you should and wish you could!

Dan has a wife and family and does all of the admin work for free. He doesn't ever complain about the time or cost. But it's just not right that he should have to pay 1 dime to run the site, if there are people who can afford to help keep it going financially.

That's what's bothering me - that he is charging up his credit card to keep things running smoothly. He's not wealthy, so why should he have financial pain when there are so many regular users that could take his financial pain away with just a small donation (if enough did).

Sorry for the guilt trip, but I felt like it needed to be said to get people to actually do what they might be thinking of doing and do it now before they forget to. I know all too well that if I intend to do something, I better just do it, or my CRS (can't remember Shat) disease will overcome my procrastination!

Yes, I've just sent Dan a donation ;). Had to follow my own advice!

Cheers,

Pete

Yep, I sent a bit of cash too--I can't be hypocrite!!!

Thanks to you guys that have donated so far!!!! :2thumbs:

If the numbers on the 'donate' button don't work for you since you'd like to send $$$$, get Dan's Paypal account number and use it to send more or a different amount if you'd like. Even though I have some money tied up in a lot of concrete we just poured, the site is like a mental vacation for me, so I MUST give something, even though it's not as big as I'd like.

Guys, just like Pete said, every little bit helps!! Please step up to the plate!

Davy

• Like 1

I just made a small donation as well. It's not very much, but as others have said, every little bit helps! I am a little "low-funded" at the moment, because my wife has to take time off from work to help care for our 1 year old son, due to my upcoming ankle reconstruction surgery on Oct. 9th. Anyway, when things get a lil' better, hopefully I can give more $.

I just made a small donation as well. It's not very much, but as others have said, every little bit helps!

You bet! We've had some great response on this year's fund drive, but we still need some more members to kick in. Thanks for the donation to HybridZ!

Of the 5000 members, less than 100 keep the site going IME. I may be wrong, but I don't think so. Just food for thought.

Davy

There has been a very nice response and we are almost there!!

Keep it up guys. Dan is too proud/modest to ask himself, but I know he appreciates every penny!!

Every little bit helps, guys.

Thanks from your HZ admin staff!!