HybridZ

Pulled a Michael Jackson (painted my car w/pix)

EMWHYR0HEN

All my life Ive owned black cars and about a month ago I said enough is enough and I started stripping paint and bodyworking. Its my First time doing a complete body and piant job so alot of my work was trial and error. started 3 weeks ago, and took me 3 weekends to do all the work and spray the paint on. The paint is still drying now and has been for 2 days, so I'm still waiting to color sand a buff out the paint. There are so many runs on the steep panels and also some orange peel various places, so what you see is just straight paint, no finishing.

Oh by the way the color is 904 Ivory White, which is an original color.

BEFORE:

P1020331.JPG

P10203331.JPG

P1020336.JPG

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the compliments all. I'm really glad it turned out ok because I rushed the job, and I Realllly HATE doing body work and paint. Its just not my thing, I have no patience (another reason why I chose white) :lol: .

So my car went from black to white, Now all I need is sharp nose up front and i'll really be like mike!

Time for a G-nose!

Very nice, It looks better in white. Did you use wheel spacers with those rims? What size tires are those? They fit nicely with the zg flairs.

Ari

Thanks. I'm very sad to say, yes they are wheel spacers :icon13:

tires are 195/60/14.

I guess now that ive got my paint and body outa the way,next thing up is new wheels! maybe i'll post them here for sale.

THANK YOU!! That is the EXACT paint scheme I am getting ready to do!! EXACTLY LOL. I was curious how it would turn out (black hood) but it looks great!! My Z is going into media blast in a couple weeks and I will be doing the bodywork/paint..its gonna be my first time too, but what the hell. Thanks for the kick in the butt to get er done!

Bro...Don't hate on Michael...he is just trying to find himself when things did not work out with Ms.Presley...

You need to resize your pics too.

Sweet car all the way.

Yasin

no he doesn't ! big pics are GOOD!!! :] they make for good wallpapers !!!

very nice pics. RB25 eh???? more engine pics? :]

Wow white/black looks GOOOOD! I didn't think I would like it but I do. Good Job!

BTW, you need to sand out those runs by the driver's marker light quickly. They make it look like someone loved the paint job a little toooo much :-)

Congrats on having the stones to do it yourself.

I too am going to paint my '83ZXT white - totally. I am currently building a paint booth and fabricating a fresh air system for the paint process.

Before I paint I have one rust through area that needs a patch and the windshield area has some rust. Will have to remove all glass and door handles, bumpers, etc. before painting.

This will be my first time also - glad I picked white.

What paint did you use?