HybridZ

Hood Vents

Bartman

I got a couple of hood vents a while back and I've got them placed in my hood a few weeks ago. The thought was to help hot air escape from the engine compartment, but whether they work or not I like the look anyway. They still need some more work, but these pic's should give you a general idea of how it will look.

DSCF2928_thumb.JPG

DSCF2927_thumb.JPG

Ive always liked the idea of hood vents to help releive the under the hood pressure. However, wont water get it when it rains or when you wash your car? Just curious
Water will get in, but they're located in areas that will not have a problem with that. The water would pretty much just fall to the road below between the engine and the frame rails.

Looking good, they look similar to BMW M3 fender vents. But I like them a lot in the hood. Out of curiousity what color is your Z going to be all together?

Tyson

They are M3 Fender vents. I have the M3 emblems that I'm thinking of installing and changing to say 570Z. The current paint scheme idea is for black on the top and blue on the sides.

blackonbluewstripemywheel_thumb.JPG

I think I know what it is...it's the chrome trim on the bottom (or front lip)of the hood. It's also looks like it has a curvature with the center and possibly the edges being lower.

At first I thought it was wierd with what looks like a shadow from the gable end of a house geing centered on the hood of the car...then I figured out it's just flat black paint.

Yeh the chrome strip didn't work and the shape of the black inserts on the bonnet turned out questionable. That pic does not show very well how the the ZX vents went with the stock air intake in front of the windscreen though.

Car is sold, so its past tense :)