HybridZ

250 GTO Owners Thread

Duke

Give some thought to modifying other alloy covers which are available.

I had planned to build up a centre strip by running a series of welds the length of the cover and then engraving the Ferrari name and ribs. I discovered the covers I purchased (for an LS1) were 6mm thick so there was no need to add weld material.

lovely touch and attention to detail. I appreciate this kind of detail. 

That's the good thing about the Dayton wheels;  you can use them on any vehicle and just change the threaded hubs. 

BTW-  I did some comparing of my 225-65/15 tires, and they are the same size as the what you get on the 250, but some people  (original GTO owners) changed to a 16-inch wheel, or a wider wheel (7 inch) or tire.  Some people ("experts") are probably going to tell me I "should have used" a wider tire, but I used the spec tire, and I never listen to them anyway-  they probably watch too much PC TV or look at muscle cars.

In an auction about 15 years ago I managed to pick up a set of original GTO wheels for just under £1000.00. I know the tyres arent road legal but when i have my project up and running i plan to have the wheels running on Dunlop L or M section tyres like they ran in period. I think the look of those thin side wall tyres on original Borrani wheels just cant be beaten. 

I am just lucky i came across the wheels when i did. Have had them in storage for years now. But wheels make a car, so it just wouldnt look right without them. 

Boranni wheels are actually a Dayton design.

I didnt actually know they were a Dayton design. Such lovely wheels, and set the car off perfectly. I do feel very lucky to have them in stock. (not the kind of item you can just go out and buy of the shelf i imagine?

Boranni was making what you could call Dayton's improved Rudge wheel, which was pioneered by Dayton Wheels, and Boranni obviously,  had to "improve" on that design to make them uniquely Boranni.  :)

I think the most noticeable difference is that most Dayton wheels use what they call a standard well lace, and Boranni had more of a reverse lace, which gives it that 'less "cluttered" look, even though they both use a 3-cross pattern, which is very strong.

Edited by TomoHawk

Hey,

Where did you guys gets your tail lamps?    Mine are quality reproduction Carello lamps, and the lenses even say Brevetatto Carello on them.  They are from manufacturer that makes spares of Ferrari parts, but it isn't Re-Originals.com.  Even my kit supplier doesn't remember, even though it's been a year since I got my stuff.

I don't think anyone could tell my lamps aren't genuine, except for the lack of corrosion or pitting,  but all most people look at is the engine!

I see some guys looking under the back, where the gas tank is. What is so interesting under there, besides some  undercoating?  Maybe I'll use my big Sharpie marker on the gas tank to write FERRARI ....

Edited by TomoHawk

• 2 weeks later...

What an ugly car...

There's no leather or even a wood inlay on the dash, or leather door panels,  not one bit of carpet on the bare metal floor.  How about those crappy metal footpedals, and the steering wheel is obviously not from "Momo."  There's no satellite CD player stereo, no screen for "apps" or GPS, no where to mount your smartphone, and not one cupholder!  And look at those awful seats!  no power-seats!  The shifter is WAY too long for quick shifting, like "any good racer knows."

Not to mention that it doesn't sound like a "Ferrari." and all the Chrome badging from the back is missing, like the horse thing.

Ha ha ha ha ha! ..... :lol:

I commend you, mate  :wub:   Good on yer.  

I especially like the nice music;  not that awful  loud metal stuff the kids insist to put into any "sportscar" video.

I'd have to drive about 100 miles to find roads like you have in the video. 

Edited by TomoHawk

We have our own "Dragon" in SE Ohio between Cambridge and Marietta where  I-77 and I-70 cross.  OH-536 is 50 (miles!) of 55 MPH curves with little or no traffic (it's that far into the boonies) and the last time I was there, I only saw 1 empty stakebed truck and a couple motorcycles.  The Columbus and Cincinnati clubs always go when the Cleveland club goes in the late summer, the motel gets full of Zeds and the  "BEER" flows freely.  :D    OH-555 is popular too, but you see a lot of bikes on that route.

It's just that when you get north of Columbus, the terrain gets flatter and straighter, (farming and cycling territory)  but there are curves if you know where to go.

Edited by TomoHawk

• 4 weeks later...